The VG Resource

Full Version: Doki Doki Simulator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One day I got bored and decided it might be fun to make a doki doki simulator. I figured it's a pretty simple game and all the sprites are on this site, so why not? So far I have 2 girls in it, each with two poses. You can snag it here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C76KZ4ZQ / http://www.mediafire.com/?wa8dsmy8j75yfzp
I made it in game maker 8 and included the gmk file. The process of importing sprites from a strip is pretty repetitive and you can only stare at bouncing boobs for so long before getting bored, so I'm gonna take a break and start something else. If I decide to continue working on this, what else should I add?
(04-06-2011, 05:37 PM)A2190 Wrote: [ -> ]The process of importing sprites from a strip is pretty repetitive

why don't you either:

a) show only a portion of the source image
whenever i try to do this in certain frameworks that say they support this it crashes, but is there any chance you could display only part of the bigger source image?

b) split the image in-code
copying pixel-by-pixel would be too slow, but i know in some frameworks you can actually copy over pixels from a source image to a destination image in bulk
(04-06-2011, 05:52 PM)Saffron Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2011, 05:37 PM)A2190 Wrote: [ -> ]The process of importing sprites from a strip is pretty repetitive
why don't you either:

a) show only a portion of the source image

b) split the image in-code
I would love to, but I don't know how to do either of those. If you could show me how or direct me to a good tutorial I'd be thankful.
I've never used GM8, so I'm just assuming that they'd have these features that come standard in most studios/frameworks. I honestly couldn't imagine a system that isn't compatible with spritesheets.

And I wish I could run this for some pointers, but my Windows restore discs went corrupt and I'm using Linux (ugh).