The VG Resource

Full Version: Moon Diver (a.k.a. Necromachina)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This look familiar?

[Image: arrows_logo_neg_rgb1-800x444.jpg]

[Image: Moon-Diver.jpg]

Moon Diver (formerly Necromachina) was announced sometime last year and it was released a couple days ago. It's made by feelplus, and published by Square-Enix.

For those who don't know, it's a side-scrolling action platformer directed by Koichi Yotsui of Strider fame. It is fast-paced, simple, actiony as hell, and features many Strider-esque platforming features, such as flipping under/over obstacles, attaching to and climbing walls, and traversing under platforms.
Every character can perform a simple combo slash and are able to be fully mobile during their combos. Holding the button down allows the player to charge up a strong attack, and releasing it uses it. Strong attacks can clear big groups of enemies, but you gain more EXP from using normal attacks.
Every character starts off with one MoonSault Combinations, which are special moves that use MP and all have different effects. You pick which one you want to use with the D-Pad, and you press Circle to use it. You can also use MCs with another player.

So far, I'm loving this game-- but I haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Oh right, I forgot to mention that part. It's a 4-player co-operative action platformer. You can play both locally and online.

So yeah, I just got this a couple days ago and fired it up the other day and I'm loving it so far.

Moon Diver is a PS3 exclusive and costs $14.99. You can download an offline demo that covers the first stage, although the boss fight at the end is timed, and your levels don't stay consistent in the demo-- as soon as the level in the demo ends, every character's levels are reset back to 1.

Try it out, and if you like it, PLAY IT WITH ME.
I love Strider. I love Osman. I'll probably love this.
Welp I don't have a console.

I do love Yotsui's focus on this sort of quick simplicity for combat. Really strong design that manages to have quirk and style despite not having an extensive moveset. But heh, how's the story?
ONLY ONE POST? I HATE YOU GUYS

An unexpected stealth DLC pack came to Moon Diver on the 11th. It's $1, adds the brand new Score Attack mode (yes) and adds a new character, Silence.