The VG Resource

Full Version: [WIP] [GAME] Nemesis Trigger
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls,

Plot: Nemesis Trigger takes place in a future where robots are integrated into society, and serve many purposes. (sound familiar yet?) When during a Convention of the leading minds, an old wargame AI is shown. Unwittingly, someone gives it internet access. It then both learns at an astonishing rate, and believes everything to be part of the game.

Now for the part you're all waiting for: the sprites
Our protagonist, Rio:
[Image: RioRun.gif][Image: RioRunShot.gif][Image: RioKneel.gif][Image: RioJumpTrans.gif]
[Image: Rio8bit.png]

And our bosses, the Nemesis Droids:
[Image: FlickerAssassinUpdate3.png]
[Image: FA_Flicker.gif][Image: FA_Intro.gif][Image: FA_Sprint.gif][Image: FA_Slash.gif][Image: FA_Kunaitoss.gif]

[Image: FortressSentinelUpdate1.png]
[Image: FSTRANSFORM.gif]

[Image: MachineSoldierUpdate.png]
[Image: MSRapidfire.gif][Image: MSTurretDeployment.gif][Image: MSHovershot.gif][Image: MSTrenchCrawler.gif]

[Image: CharybdisDiverinitial.png]
[Image: CDmovement.gif][Image: CDsnap.gif][Image: CDsingleshot.gif]

I would love some Comments and Critique.
The game is based off of the Mega Man style, and some elements of gameplay.

However, all weapons/options/mobility will pull from a single, slow-recharging Energy resource. There will be a form of accessories that will change minor game play mechanics (i.e.: more energy, faster recharge, bludgeoning / heat based weapons do more damage, etc.) The game is more based in strategy and energy management, than just platforming. Though platforming will still be strong.

I already have 7 Nemesis Droids. There will be no armor capsules or ride armors. There will be armored, thief and energy leech enemies. Lastly, there will be interactive objects placed in every level that will use options/mobility/weapons to obtain power ups.

One quick question to add. What's a good software for recording gameplay of games in game maker?

-edit-
Trance is no longer the protagonist
[Image: Trancerunningcycles.gif][Image: TranceJumpLoop.gif][Image: Trance_TC_1.gif]
Goodbye Trance!

a link to some testing
http://youtu.be/oR8rpybKwJE
Having difficulties with Hypercam, it speeds up for no good reason (that I can figure out) towards the end.
i like the bosses (although the last guy is pretty cluttered) but the main character is way too megaman for it to seem like anything but an expy Tongue
(04-03-2011, 10:57 PM)[fish in space] Wrote: [ -> ]i like the bosses (although the last guy is pretty cluttered) but the main character is way too megaman for it to seem like anything but an expy Tongue

Y'know? I had the same thought at one point, but I've been stuck as how to change him. The group I'm working with leans towards having him stay the same.
the unique animations are a good start, but atm he has an identical face, a similar design, and a very similar colour scheme
yeah, this looks like Megaman 2.0 sprite-wise.
the bosses look pretty cool, but i agree on the "too megaman" thing

almost like if the nes megaman games had a child with ZXA

change the protagonist's face, obviously
the running animation appears to just be the megaman nes one with added frames, so you should think about changing that as well.

other than that though, holy crap this is looking good
those animations are so fluid
Pretty cool, though I agree on the too Megamanish style. You could use hypercam to record Gameplay.

As for the mobility, options and etc stuff are we going to get all three when we kill a boss or do we get to choose btw. the three? I'd go for the latter as it would give more of a diversified playstyle each time y'know and give replayability to see what secrets you can unlock in the next run...but it's your game too.

Maybe for the running sprite you could keep it kinda like it is, but have him eventually pan out with his arms out to the side, Mario advance style or have them follow behind him like a ninja dashing thing. I'm too sure on this though...:?
also, his head doesn't bob up and down enough on the running anim
(04-04-2011, 03:05 PM)Kakashifan Wrote: [ -> ]As for the mobility, options and etc stuff are we going to get all three when we kill a boss or do we get to choose btw. the three? I'd go for the latter as it would give more of a diversified playstyle each time y'know and give replayability to see what secrets you can unlock in the next run...but it's your game too.

Well, when downing one of the bosses, you get all three from them. However, using them may or may not drain energy. On top of that, energy is limited. I've considered replayability, and I plan for stages, bosses strategies, and the end fortress will change according to how you defeat bosses, which order, and certain things you do in the central hub.

I'll look up hypercam, thanks for that too.

As for trance's image. We might overhaul him depending on what the people I'm working with think. Though there are more animations that aren't posted, seeing as they are so short, they'd have to be strung together.

I understand he is extremely similar to Megaman, I want him to have that feel. Though I do not want him to be just a clone. His abilities are similar... The running thing? Idk, I've never seen anyone have their arms trail behind them when running, except in anime. He's an adaptoid.

Suggestions are welcome.
h, I see. Sounds difficult to do...:ugh

Good luck, lol.
Alright, we have a change for the main character. I went back into my old folders of sprites and found another protagonist, I think she'll fit just fine.

[Image: RioRun.gif][Image: RioRunShot.gif][Image: RioKneel.gif][Image: RioJumpTrans.gif]
[Image: Rio8bit.png]

also for reference. Here's the original idea for the character, was going to be used for a 16 bit game, but I canned it for the clashing styles.
[Image: RioSheetfortSR.png]