The VG Resource

Full Version: NEW KONJAK GAME IN PROGRESS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
played through this yesterday, its one of the prettiest games i have ever played. unfortunately, he isn't finishing it Sad
oh look ANOTHER portalguru indie thread

i played it yesterday and it was pretty awesome. i dont like how robin is suddenly a late teen and all mature bodied now ):
That's right.

You better strike through that comment.
He is finishing it, if you checked out his latest post on konjak.org
konjack is my hero.
does equiping the wrench works? because i am not sure if i can do it
So, apparently, the full game will contain drills, magnets, bombs and... bolt thingies for the wrench?
The presentation was really great. Konjak's sprite-work is getting better and better. I'm loving it, baby. Bosses were great as always. I like how intuitive Konjak can get with them. Additionally, the enemies were great and some of the placement was pretty clever, it really brought the otherwise banal combat up with all the different requirements to defeat a monster. That was the part I liked most about the level design.
B-but, the level design was short of weak otherwise. Shy The puzzle-style gameplay actually hindered the exploration aspects which in turn made traversing the areas more hinder-some. Wrenching things pretty much halted progress too much, and inhibited a sort of flow, beneficial to exploration-type games, even for ones with as linear structure like this or Cave Story.
I'm really hoping he finishes it or something, even though he mentioned later that he doesn't want to work on it. It seems to have a pretty intriguing story so far and I like all of the scenarios.

i should probably be telling him this critique stuff rather than posting here eh
Mmmmmmmm.

Hopefully, this gets released soon~
Konjak is the physical manifestation of all my aspirations, and by comparison my failures
i jelly