The VG Resource

Full Version: Castlevania Custom Sprite Submission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello members of the Spriters Resource community, I've been a long time fan of this website since around 2006 (A guess no less, long story short a long time Wink ) And I've always found the site useful for my boredom satisfaction in creating comics, animations and just plain old art references. Smile
As of a little while ago I became a huge fan of the Castlevania franchise, the main one of my affection is the original for the NES, "Castlevania."
Moreover in this game I've become a fan of the design of the characters (aside from the "cookie monster" final boss) and especially liked Dracula's look, regardless of how inaccurate it was to any description of him before hand XD
Long story short; I'm here to present to you guys a sprite sheet I made of that character with only the original sprites for reference. Attached here is the image itself in .png file format with the sprites I made versus the original character sprites. I hope you enjoy Big Grin
[Image: spritedracula2.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Edit note: This is the beta (presentable) version of this image, I have a lot more for this character on the editing program I have. This is the bare comparison and i'd like to know what you guys think Smile
I like the Dracula you recolored and edited a bit.
(03-30-2011, 05:01 PM)Cheepy-Cheep Wrote: [ -> ]I like the Dracula you recolored and edited a bit.

Actually I didn't edit it, I made it at first without reference and provided the original for comparasin.
Looks quite nice, but make the cloak a bit more clothy.
the shading and contrast are all over the place.
is the light coming from both sides?
the bright red and the black outlines really clash, and some parts aren't contrasted enough, which gives a very soft finish to the cape.
the outlines could do with more work in terms of their shape, and the parts of the cape that border the black are banded, which i suggest you try and avoid (it creates a staircase effect when combined to your outline and generally creates a soft gradient in bands).
keep working on it! Smile
Oh. I still like them, though. Good work.