The VG Resource

Full Version: I probably haven't searched enough...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
... But is there a tutorial for ripping NES games' sprites? I want to rip some Burai Fighter sprites.
Is there a program I could use for doing so? I currently have Jnes as NES emulator.
I apologize in advance if this thread turns out to be a waste of time. Thank you for reading! Smile

Edit: I've downloaded Gextract, but it can't open my "Burai Fighter.nes" file. Maybe I should get another ROM?
Edit no.2: Might as well use Tile Molester. Is there a way of knowing which part is assigned to which, or is it pure guess work?
You don't have to guess, where each part belongs. Usually, you have to arrange the Tiles in a simple pattern.
[Image: image1.png]
Aside from the incorrect colors, you can see, the tiles are stored horizontally. NES Sprites aren't too big, so the pattern is like this:
[Image: image2.png]
If the sprites are symmetrical objects, there is only one half to save space. You have to mirror them manually and combine them with their counterpart.