The VG Resource

Full Version: CROSSBOWS n' STUFF
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: Chickree.png]
~Tah-dah
Went diggin through an old art drawer from a few years back, for the PJ challenge. Was originally going to use something else and make a large PA, but got bored really fast. So I found an old doodle on the back of my history binder. A greek/roman inspired crossbow-warrior-guy.
Definetly going to continue this.
Comments and stuff pls.

And yes I know thats not how a real crossbow is, but I had to make it that way b/c restrictions and view.
Great, but shading on the hair? Or is one color on the hair part of the style?
there isn't any shading, only aaing.
And since you can't aa the outside, which is all the hair is, i left it as is. Looks fine to me.
(08-05-2008, 09:02 PM)mozzy Wrote: [ -> ]there isn't any shading, only aaing.
And since you can't aa the outside, which is all the hair is, i left it as is. Looks fine to me.
Ok I got it now, It's good! What kind of attacks does he do besides crossbow Mozz?
I tihnk you could use more contrast, and a little bit more bright colors for the brightest shades
Actually, I came up with a bit of a plot just in case I go further with this, and its sort of dark (a first for me really), so i want to keep this dark aswell.

Also
@CY
i only got it from a doodle, so idk.
P. cool so far.
You know how I feel =)
[Image: HCH-1.png]

Old is the original, new is the second one i posted and newest is a combination of the first two.
imo newest is best fitting for the theme of the game, which is sort of dark (so sick of the childish and bright Momotaro and Notebook) but colorful (Like metroid, but not ultra neon) so it sort of fits with both settings.
Damn you and making things better.
Still looks hot.
(08-06-2008, 01:56 PM)mozzy Wrote: [ -> ][Image: HCH-1.png]

Old is the original, new is the second one i posted and newest is a combination of the first two.
imo newest is best fitting for the theme of the game, which is sort of dark (so sick of the childish and bright Momotaro and Notebook) but colorful (Like metroid, but not ultra neon) so it sort of fits with both settings.

Looks nice, but I'm still waiting for you to do a style that isn't so overly simple. Wink
PT:
Quote:i mean the style isn't even that simple, just because it lacks an outline doesn't make it simple.

Quote:also if it isn't a simple style this will pretty much never get finished. so i don't have much of a choice really.

and i hate making sprites of existing vg characters. I've only done it twice, both were mediocre, one of which was just a bunch of single poses from EB/Mother. and large PAs bore me way too fast. That leaves me to work on my own projects that I enjoy doing. If i tried to make a complicated style I would never ever finish it. and I hate that, especially if people supported it. I mean look at Momotaro, simplest style EVER. I mean most of the sprites aren't even 8bit even. But, it took me half a year to complete the demo (I did remake it half way through but eh) And I did do other stuff that was more complex anyway:
[Image: slick.png]
[Image: asdf.png]
[Image: br-1.png]
[Image: aaa-9.png]
All of which (so far) has never been finished (and probably never will)
which pretty much proves my point.
You have to actually put more effort into finishing more complex things, simply because thier more complex things.
See though that complex stuff you posted is wonderful. I really like it, especially the one with Otis and the other EB-like characters.
He shouldn't have to if he doesn't want to. If he wants to sprite things in a simple-esque style, let him.
[Image: bsa.gif]

[Image: bloob.gif]
Legs so far. I don't want to have his body to turn because I want to give it a flat look.

(without detail)
[Image: Runtest.gif]
Pages: 1 2