The VG Resource

Full Version: New Computer, Game Suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I just got a new laptop with an AMD Turion II CPU, and a Radeon 4250 GPU.

I know it surely wont be able to run anything decent with the quality all the way up, but does anybody know any not so graphically demanding games that I could run?

I love FPS games, by the way.
DOOM.
0Space.
cave story
dwarf fortress
Halo CE
Half Life
nethack
Pong.

Seriously though, hate to burst your bubble, but that is definitely not a gaming system.
You might be able to get away with Half-Life 2 or Left 4 Dead on low settings, possibly even Fallout 3, but you're not gonna get any kind of decent performance for anything more graphics intensive.

(Laptops are generally not designed for gaming, cramming all that hardware into such a restrictive space is just way too expensive and/or just impossible.)
deus ex
(03-22-2011, 06:27 AM)PatientZero Wrote: [ -> ]Pong.

Seriously though, hate to burst your bubble, but that is definitely not a gaming system.
You might be able to get away with Half-Life 2 or Left 4 Dead on low settings, possibly even Fallout 3, but you're not gonna get any kind of decent performance for anything more graphics intensive.

(Laptops are generally not designed for gaming, cramming all that hardware into such a restrictive space is just way too expensive and/or just impossible.)

Yea I know, but the laptop wasn't bought for gaming, its a music studio computer.
I just need games to pass the time, since I have no xbox and my wii is broken.

But thanks for the suggestions guys, gonna try some of these out.
Frogatto
Unreal Tournament 2004 is always a classic you could check out if you haven't already. Portal is great too if you haven't tried it yet, although I can't say for sure how well you could run it.
I love portal, but I don't think it would run all that well.
Portal isn't that resource intensive once you turn off some of the excessive graphics options, the source engine is actually really scalable.
Valve is one of the few developers who genuinely impresses me with their optimisation, not only do the games run really well, but they also don't look like absolute ass when not running on full settings.

Also I second the notion for Deus Ex.

System Shock and System Shock 2 are also worth a look, they're worth playing for the soundtracks alone.
(03-22-2011, 05:51 PM)PatientZero Wrote: [ -> ]not only do the games run really well
Team Fortress 2

Pages: 1 2 3