The VG Resource

Full Version: March/April '11 Event: the Writers Resource
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey all,
As we get closer to getting the VG Resource running in all its glory, we're starting to look for Writing Staff.

What does being a Writing Staff entail?
It means you're a cool dude with a passion for technology and media who wants to write about it and share it with the world.

Being Writing Staff means that once a week (or more!), you'll be putting your work up on the VG Resource for all to see. And more or less about whatever you think is relevant and interesting in the world of Video games and technology. Text entries, video entries, podcasts, we love 'em all. It's an open canvas for your creativity, baby!

What perks do I get?
INTERNET FAME
Heh. But seriously, if you're interested in writing as a career in any shape or form, doing New Media is a great way to start a portfolio, challenge yourself, and make contacts that could help you in the long run. Already running a blog or part of a similar setup? Who cares, we'd still love to have you on board! Writing for the VG Resource means exposure; and not the kind that'll get you arrested.

But regular sumbissions sounds like a lot of work...
Hey, you post on message boards every day, don't you? Writing is challenging, but not difficult, nor particularly time consuming. While writers will be working on a shedule (the best writers know how much a schedule can help you focus), what you write and when will largely be up to you. Big assignment coming up and you need time to study? We understand, don't be forced to create deadlines you can't make. But the deadlines you do set for yourself we expect you to keep! No one likes people who can't keep promises.

Bitchin'! So how do I get in on that?
Glad you're interested! I have a little competition lined up that'll challenge your writing ability and creativity. Anyone can enter, and it'll be fun and easy to take part. But first I need to know if there'll be a reasonable amount of participants.
Post your interest in this thread, and if you know any other wannnbe-writer-buddies from dA, or SA, or Livejournal, or Kotaku, or WHEREVER; drop them a link to this thread. The actual competition will be open to everyone; not just current tSRc member, so get the word out!
Not only that, but with contacting various companies, you can also bag yourself the chance to review items not yet released to the general public! We are a well known organisation and with that comes appeal to large scale gaming companies who are already offering to send us the latest products for review.
I'd be really interested, if only for the potential to make some contacts.

However, I doubt my capacity to keep up with weekly deadlines, so I probably won't be participating. I'll see if any of my friends would be interested, though.
(03-15-2011, 01:31 PM)Dazz Wrote: [ -> ]Not only that, but with contacting various companies, you can also bag yourself the chance to review items not yet released to the general public! We are a well known organisation and with that comes appeal to large scale gaming companies who are already offering to send us the latest products for review.

all of this started with some teenagers making shitty sprite comics and recolors and it turned into THIS?
capitalism ho

does good old bacon know he missed out?
Hey we all had to start somewhere, if it weren't for sprite comics I wouldn't be here.
(03-15-2011, 04:37 PM)Sploder Wrote: [ -> ]I'd be really interested, if only for the potential to make some contacts.

However, I doubt my capacity to keep up with weekly deadlines, so I probably won't be participating. I'll see if any of my friends would be interested, though.

Weekly deadlines are honestly not difficult. I presently work one or two updates a week for the news site I'm part of, shaped around my weekly schedule. For the most part, writers will be setting their own deadlines; but be expected to keep to them.
I'm interested, and I'll definitely give the contest a shot. Big Grin
This has sparked my interest greatly.
I'd love to write about videogames, be it about game design or the industry itself and review things, but I'm afraid that I have somewhat of a language barrier. I'm quite fluent on English but I cannot write as well as most people who have English as a first language, so my vocabulary is a bit more restricted and I'm more likely to do common mistakes. If I were to write articles, I'd need someone to proofread everything that I post.
If that is the case, enter the competition and I will review your articles.
That's perfectly fine, Rokky baby. If nothing else, you would get good practice in improving your English!
What the hell, I might give this a crack c:
I'm kinda interested in this shindig, so I'd like to give this a shot.
I think I'd be more successful with this than VG resource.
"Over the next month we'll be holding an event to scout out writers, bloggers, podcasters, you name it - to help write for the VG Resource, and for fun!"

Podcasters, you say? 8D
Pages: 1 2