The VG Resource

Full Version: TSR IRC Chat: The Death of Productivity, Act 1 [TSRc, 14/3/2011]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm POSTING

I AM DOING THIS TO TELL YOU ABOUT THE NEW IRC CHAT!!!

Yes, you'll find in the header my quick-and-dirty IRC applet, powered by mibbit and CGI::IRC. It automatically sends you to Rizon's server into #spriters-resource, but you could actually use the irc command "/join [roomname]" to join any other places you'd like to go on Rizon.

Of course, this is assuming you're either on the go or you don't already have an IRC client installed. If you like the crap out of the chat and Mibbit in general, you might wanna consider getting a chat client like IRC, which you could simply join TSR by navigating to irc://irc.biolizard.net/spriters-resource.

So yeah, gimme a second to readd the chat function to the header and I guess I'll see you there!

**Oh, it's also important to say that if you guys want the chat to really take off, I suggest leaving your browser open and idling in the chat. It helps to establish an IRC community.

no

really it does

EDIT: Changed location of the channel. We're on Biolizard; which also hosts DrShnap's stuff...that's okay though - really they're p. cool

It turned out we already have a channel there, lol
I love the concept of IRC, but I find clients often to be a pain to use, or are otherwise not as... aesthetic as othere IM systems. Is there a client out there for me???
Yet another random IRC server that I've never heard of. Very Sad

Might join it later.
Updating to just say that we've switched servers; from Rizon to Biolizard?

How does that affect you? Well, you might have to reregister your nick but other than that you should be OK, lol
And you chose an even less known server. Tongue

Why not just use Esper? It's a nice server and a lot of other communities that I know of use it.

EDIT: Eh, this server's fine. I dunno, but it might help more people join or something.
Smaller server = fewer names taken

so people can pretty much have whatever nickname they want in the chat Smile
There's already a HUGE tSR skypechat, I dunno why we don't just use that, it's better than IRC anyways.
Skype chat can only get so big before it starts disabling features. And Skype also requires you download the client, whereas IRC can be run off the site.

Skype is also a really bad program that lags frequently and would be a terrible choice for a huge chat.
(03-16-2011, 05:35 PM)Dex Wrote: [ -> ]There's already a HUGE tSR skypechat, I dunno why we don't just use that, it's better than IRC anyways.
Yeah, but it's invite-only.
I guess. We tried an IRC one time and it failed miserably, that's why I'm not too hopeful for this one... people find it a chore to get on usually.
(03-16-2011, 05:35 PM)Dex Wrote: [ -> ]There's already a HUGE tSR skypechat, I dunno why we don't just use that, it's better than IRC anyways.

Skype uses a lot of memory for me, at least 5x as much as mIRC, and IRC is more customizable anyway
This is cool and people should talk more

Skype is sort of a pain in the ass for me, I can't play Rift and be on Skype at the same time.
ChatZilla got an update and works fine with my Firefox 4 now, so I'll be jumping in more often like in the good old times when #tsr had more activity (as in, me and Arkinea idling). Smile