The VG Resource

Full Version: Mighty Jetters' Doodle Planet
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hiya, I just thought that I would like to show everyone the fan art I make for my favorite game characters on rather rare occasion in this thread here (I may in the further future post art of a few custom characters of mine when I make them, they're really cool Tongue).

[Image: peasleychristmas.jpg]

Title: Peasley Christmas (shoulda been Peasley Santa now that I think of it)
Date Started: I don't remember, sometime in December or November I guess Tongue
Date Finished: December 25th, 2008 (I'm pretty sure)

This is a drawing of of Prince Peasley I made back in December 2008 I think. And sorry if this is the wrong time of year to be posting this, but I don't want to wait until Christmas again to show it off. Tongue But anyway this is the first (and only completed) "serious" art piece I've done (I know the light source shading is weird on some parts but this drawing is old and I didn't have as much knowledge about shading back then), so hope you guys like it, and I was, and still am, a big Peasley fan.

P.S.: I used the colors from the actual game sprites of Peasley and the bean and they look great. ^^

And one last thing to add: "Ah heh heh heh!" Tongue and thx for looking. Smile

EDIT: Edited the description to not be so jabbery.
One problem I see on you

is that you over-explain everything. It's not a real problem per se, but it feels kinda forced and it annoys me slightly.
(03-11-2011, 04:18 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]One problem I see on you

is that you over-explain everything. It's not a real problem per se, but it feels kinda forced and it annoys me slightly.

...I know I've been posting big blocks of text here and there lately, but I don't really mean to, I just have lots to say about things and get a bit carried away I guess, as there are things I'm thinking that I want to hurry and get out there before I forget, and I went over all that stuff one reason was so I wouldn't get comments like "the shading looks weird" or "the Flying Bean is way too small" and stuff, and that's just how I type things sometimes and I have more to say sometimes than others, I'm sorry. I'll try to talk less, but there are just things I really really want to say, and then it just goes on and on... So I guess I'll stop here so this won't get too large and annoy you more.

(But honestly other than this, what do you think of the picture...?)
The drawing is okay-ish. Nothing really eye-cathing imo.

The gifts and clouds could be different than each other; the shading changes lightsource randomly; Peasley's limbs/body are too straight; the colors look washed out and blends with the pale purple you chose for the sky a little.
(03-12-2011, 12:11 PM)Gors Wrote: [ -> ]The drawing is okay-ish. Nothing really eye-cathing imo.

The gifts and clouds could be different than each other; the shading changes lightsource randomly; Peasley's limbs/body are too straight; the colors look washed out and blends with the pale purple you chose for the sky a little.

Yeah, it was my first thing, so it's not amazing or anything. I'll do better with the shading and overall, and I do agree about the shading. XD I don't mean for this to sound like an excuse 'cause it isn't but like I said I almost ran out of time to finish it so it's a bit sloppier in a couple parts than others.