The VG Resource

Full Version: [PLUSHIE/COSTUME] Go, my Pokemon army
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I started sewing recently and it's the best possible hobby I could have picked up.

This thread will be for my plushies and costumes. Almost all Pokemon-related but I might do a girly dress once in a while

PLUSH

Accelgon:
[Image: HNI_0028.jpg]

COSTUMES

Tangrowth hoodie: (Spoilered for large image and masquerain looking androgynous)

I think the Accelgon plushie could use a little work. I really don't know how to describe what it needs because Normally when I make things I just kinda go with the flow.

I think the tangrowth hoodie could use vines all over to it make it look more like tangrowth but that it just me :I
(03-05-2011, 02:55 AM)Kat Wrote: [ -> ]I think the Accelgon plushie could use a little work. I really don't know how to describe what it needs because Normally when I make things I just kinda go with the flow.

Accelgon's missing his "scarf" (and I made a huge mistake placing the arms and couldn't fix it so I had to work around it), maybe that's it?
I'm mostly machine-stiching but there were some points where I had to hand sew. Do you have any recommendations for a stitch that would work well holding together a fabric like fleece?
I handsew everything so machine wise I'm not sure what to tell you but hand wise always do the stitchings as close to eachother and as tight as you can, if you are still afraid it is going to fall apart then go over it a couple of more times.

I think with Accelgon's arms, I would have made them 3D and stuffed them, then sown them shut, then sown them to his body so that way he could still have his scarf as well as a tad bit more of playability.
(03-05-2011, 03:02 AM)Kat Wrote: [ -> ]I handsew everything so machine wise I'm not sure what to tell you but hand wise always do the stitchings as close to eachother and as tight as you can, if you are still afraid it is going to fall apart then go over it a couple of more times.

I think with Accelgon's arms, I would have made them 3D and stuffed them, then sown them shut, then sown them to his body so that way he could still have his scarf as well as a tad bit more of playability.

Sounds good. I'm going to make another Accelgon eventually so I'll be able to learn from my mistakes - will take your advice on the arms.
Also when doing the head piece to to make it do that way you can see with swirly top without drawing the line (Make the bottom of fabric shorter and use four peices of fabric for it, a top (longer), a bottom(shorter), and two sides (a size in the middle of those two but both the same) and look at how a baseball is sown together for an idea of how to make it curve but only with one side, like, ....hang on and I'd draw the general shapes of them.), if need be use craft wire and if anything get some craft grade wire and put it in the scarf so you can remove and pose the scarf to your linking to. (It is thicker then flower wire.)

http://i.imgur.com/GgnFA.png Thats the general Idea I'd use for the head.
They're cute attempts! Cute

They remind me of someone on dA who does plush hats of Pokémon; her Sableye one is entirely amazing. She might have tutorials or a community going, so it'd be worth checking out.
http://lilineko.deviantart.com/gallery/6877291#/d36fn0j
OMG another plushie maker!!
There are lots of cool plushie tutorials on DA too! ^^
and Grooveman, your title reminds me of BEATS IN MY HEAD from SFIII 3rd Strike, because it goes EXACTLY like that C:.
(03-08-2011, 04:46 PM)~Drakocat~ Wrote: [ -> ]and Grooveman, your title reminds me of BEATS IN MY HEAD from SFIII 3rd Strike, because it goes EXACTLY like that C:.

THANK YOU someone finally gets it. c=