The VG Resource

Full Version: Ripping Iphone sprites?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are there any programs out there that can be used to rip iphone game sprites? I've tried googling it but cant find anything.
Depends of the game, actually.
There are not specific programs to rip mobile phone games, but you always can use an hex editor to scan any game and hope you find image headers to extract. (PNG or BMP headers are the standard norm, but if you find PSB headers, you are toasted.)
Heh heh, I've been trying to rip from Wackylands: Boss, but no one really knows how to extract the PVR images in the sprite files.
I use a jailbroken iPod Touch and use WinSCP. Use the jailbroken iPod Touch to find the game ID, and use WinSCP to connect to the iPod and extract from it.
... A lot of the IPA files can be opened using Winrar. Sometimes their images are just on show in there as PNG files.
hmm okay so i downloaded and opened the IPA file for the game Hybrid and it has png files in it but none of the names look like theyd be sprites, they sound more like backgrounds and when i open them they vary in size but are all blank whites. I searched for a hex editor and found XVI32 but when i opened Hybrid with it....well i have no clue what im doing. There's also .PZX files in there which i think are the real images but im having a hard time finding out how to open them.
Any suggestions?