The VG Resource

Full Version: Big Preview Images for the site.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just a list of which models have a big preview image still pending for the site, and which ones don't yet.

I will be listing them by ID number, object, game model is from, and system game is from.

If you wish to help out, here is a copy of the template.
[Image: b77e6046e9c835ca06702667dc51aa06.jpg]

Please save the image as a .jpg.

List will start next post.
* March 1 2011 - anything not on this list is either no longer on the site (from 1 to 914) or I haven't added it to the list yet (915 on up)
* March 1 2011 - At a helpful suggestion, placed the list in spoiler tags grouping by 100's. Also, listing how many images are under a group to help find when they get uploaded to the site.

1 to 100 (23 pending 3 complete)
101 - 200 (0 pending 0 complete)
201 to 300 (0 pending 0 complete)
301 to 400 (2 pending 1 complete)
401 to 500 (4 pending 0 complete)
501 to 600 (1 pending 4 complete)
601 to 700 (5 pending 0 complete)
701 to 800 (1 pending 0 complete)
801 to 900 (12 pending 2 complete)
900 to 1000 (940 as of March 1 2011) (5 pending 2 complete)
Including deleted models as "complete".
Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about the two models I submitted to the site in the past. As you can see, I already saved you guys the trouble and made my own previews.

[Image: Preview1.jpg?t=1299016842]
[Image: Preview2.jpg?t=1299016961]

By the way, if you are not bothered by this, then I have a small favor. I am not very happy with the name of the section my Koopa model is in, which is Custom Mario Stuff, because of alphabetical inconveniences. For example, if someone were to search for custom Mario models n the site, they would pick the letter M to begin the search; however, once the searcher finds no Mario models in that section, he/she would be stumped until he/she looks in the C section. To eliminate this problem, I suggest that the name of the section should be called Mario Customs. Would it be no trouble to change the name?
Holy damn, thanks dude! This will actually help me out a lot! I'll do more soon, but for now I was just going to post an updated version of the Banshee since it looks a heck of a lot nicer with its material at least partially done. It doesn't look perfect as it would ingame, but I put the bump and specular on it to make it look better. I also hid the damaged versions of each section although if you guys think it would be a better preview to leave them I can rerender it.

[Image: jHDcS.jpg]

@E-Man Ah sorry about that. I just wasn't thinking about it too much at the time when I did that, of course I'll fix it.

Edit: By the way, you may want to shrink the post a bit with spoiler tags. Especially if you're going to update the images we post on it. I'd recommend at least doing it every hundred or so if you plan on putting the images up on there.
Cross-posting about the Mario Sports Mix models that I ripped:

(03-01-2011, 08:34 AM)Random Talking Bush Wrote: [ -> ]Nothing much, but I've went and made preview pictures for the upcoming Models Resource update. Click on them to get the full size.

[Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_BlackMage_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_Bowser_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_BowserJr_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_Cactuar_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_DonkeyKong_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_Moogle_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_Ninja_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_Slime_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_WhiteMage_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_Behemoth_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_PeteyPiranha_preview.jpg] [Image: th_Nintendo_MSM_Bahamut_preview.jpg]

So those twelve can be checked off.
There's 11 of the Star Fox 64 models in Alphabetical order. I may work on more later.
(03-01-2011, 05:51 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: By the way, you may want to shrink the post a bit with spoiler tags. Especially if you're going to update the images we post on it. I'd recommend at least doing it every hundred or so if you plan on putting the images up on there.

At the moment, I don't know how to do "spoiler" tagging, but I was also planning on deleting completed ones from the list too. So over time, the list would shrink as images were added to the site, and the occasional deletion.

Also. Forgot to ask, is that the Halo or Halo 3 Banshee?
Dawn of the New World Stuff.

(03-01-2011, 06:53 PM)xdonthave1xx Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2011, 05:51 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: By the way, you may want to shrink the post a bit with spoiler tags. Especially if you're going to update the images we post on it. I'd recommend at least doing it every hundred or so if you plan on putting the images up on there.

At the moment, I don't know how to do "spoiler" tagging, but I was also planning on deleting completed ones from the list too. So over time, the list would shrink as images were added to the site, and the occasional deletion.

Also. Forgot to ask, is that the Halo or Halo 3 Banshee?

Sounds good to me. As for the Banshee, its the Halo 3 one.
Here's some more. That makes a little more than half of these Star Fox ones.
Are these images supposed to be jpegs?
Yes, these images are supposed to be jpegs.
i'm just testing, here is cool cool mountain
[Image: coolcoolmountain.jpg]
i noticed a very small mistake in the cave like area but its not noticable
With the move to standardized preview images, I went through and saved all my rip images to the new format.

Here we go:

[Image: RedAlloyPreviewNew.jpg][Image: BlueAlloyPreviewNew.jpg]
[Image: GreenAlloyPreviewNew.jpg][Image: YellowAlloyPreviewNew.jpg]
[Image: PrimidPreviewNew.jpg][Image: AzelfPreviewNew.jpg]
[Image: DialgaPreviewNew.jpg][Image: PalkiaPreviewNew.jpg]
[Image: SkarmoryPreviewNew.jpg][Image: UxiePreviewNew.jpg]

Edit: Also, Random Talking Bush, you have a PM from me that apparently hasn't been seen yet. Trying to get some info from ya.
(03-01-2011, 09:42 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Are these images supposed to be jpegs?

Yes, they are actually. Its only a preview to give an idea of what the model would like and there's no specific reason to maintain perfect quality for it so we decided against .PNG's for them. As long as you don't save them in MS Paint, .JPG's don't look too bad either so its not like there's a reason to waste extra space needlessly by making .PNG previews.
592 > Gore (Gibs) > Quake III > PC / Computer
[Image: gibsgore.jpg]

288 > Armour > Quake III > PC / Computer
[Image: amour.jpg]