The VG Resource

Full Version: Metal Slug 4/5 sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here is my first ripping project. I used Metal Slug because it is my favorite game. I started small because I'm new to this and want to make sure im good at this before I go to a larger page. How does it look?
[Image: file.php?id=1760]
Not good. The sprites are backwards, there are white spots in several areas, and the pistol animation is custom. I have a sneaking suspicion this is stolen.
Really? I need to make things stop facing right. Well, guess I'll try again. Gimme a while to try again. I'll do an example, and see if i can get it right. Then I'll do the page over. But let me know if I get the example right. If not, can someone help me out? Okay I got it now. How about this example? Did I do it right this time? its not the whole page, cause I dont wanna screw it up again. [Image: file.php?id=1761]
Better. And besides, the rebel soldier has been ripped many times already. I suggest you do something else. Plus you have the wrong pallette on the radio animation.

And by way, the rebel soldier is a complex character with dozens of different animations. I hardly call that "starting small".
(02-27-2011, 05:39 PM)RandomRebelSoldier Wrote: [ -> ]Better. And besides, the rebel soldier has been ripped many times already. I suggest you do something else. Plus you have the wrong pallette on the radio animation.

And by way, the rebel soldier is a complex character with dozens of different animations. I hardly call that "starting small".

Well, what would you suggest I start with. And Im still working on colors. I'm slowly getting the hang of this. Im sorta new to this.
Three things.

1. We already have complete Rebel sprite sheets.

2. That's nowhere near all of the animations used for them.

3. You've stolen them from The_Protagonist's Rebels sheet over at Metal Slug Database. All except for the last two shooting animations line up perfectly, and are mostly in the same order.

Care to explain yourself before I lock this topic and give you a warning? You're certainly making a bad first impression so far...

(This is, what, the third person I've caught stealing Metal Slug sprites now?)

(EDIT: Screw it, I'm locking the topic.)