The VG Resource

Full Version: Retro Future Anime-esque Sprite Love
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT NEW:
putting the most recent sheet up here, dunno why i hadn't done so sooner.
[Image: NL7Yx.png]

vvv (OLD) vvv:
So just recently something clicked, and I had this urge to sprite, I wanted to do something original for once, rather than making sprites for characters that already exist.

[Image: falonandmisc.png]
Alt image host site:
[Image: 2jg3507.jpg]

Yeah, I know there's not much to look at currently, It's been pretty dam tough to come up with something original of my own so I'm really hoping I can keep this up as I'm really enjoying it.
I love what you did with the style on the sprites in the top left corner

I don't really know if you are trying to make the bird swim or fly, the wings kind of seem odd; it could just be me though.
why i am unable to see any image uploaded to imageshack.

it throws me a 403 error every time i try to see them
1st post:
Weird..I uploaded at Tiny pic, just for you Fuchi.

idk what i'm trying to do with that jello-bird thing, but I like the way it turned out when i drew it. I'd say it uses those big wings to fly for short distances or large hops or somethin of the sort.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Finished/Polished up some stuff on the sheet, cat partially inspired by my old cat (he's not dead...he better not be Sad).

[Image: 2uruo7n.jpg]
I love the look and polished style of these. Oh and the colour choice of course.

ok, so those green and blue dudes on the top left kinda seem a bit unbalanced. I'm not sure what exactly, they're either leaning back slightly or their legs stance aren't right? other than that there's not much wrong with anything else.

That purple bird btw is the best type of bird, a PURPLE one! keep it up. I can't wait to see more of these finished.
looking good, but i hope you've finished your pokémon!! Angry
I can't quite read the first guy's face. the eye's color is similar to his skin color...
I really like that cat-guy, but I agree about the readability on the boy's face as mentioned above.
Another installation into my sprite sheet, darkened Falon's eyes and mouth (that's green haired guy's name...but, you probably don't care do you?). Fixed up blue android/alien things stance, and so on and so on.
[Image: blaZU.png]

I'm not just gonna drop my pokemon sheet *cough*, I was getting a bit burned out on it though, props to JoshR691 for all his pokemon sheets.
(02-24-2011, 07:49 PM)Guy Wrote: [ -> ]Another installation into my sprite sheet, darkened Falon's eyes and mouth (that's green haired guy's name...but, you probably don't care do you?). Fixed up blue android/alien things stance, and so on and so on.
[Image: blaZU.png]

I'm not just gonna drop my pokemon sheet *cough*, I was getting a bit burned out on it though, props to JoshR691 for all his pokemon sheets.

Lookin' Good! The blue guy doesn't seem to have enough colors/shading. He looks a little incomplete
I have to say, I completely love the man on the cycle, it just looks fantastic so far.
This tight pants tiny ankles style is popular.
Tight pants rule.
Also this weird bend in the tibia region. Something I've seen in Tyvon's work too. It's becoming very common I'm just wondering what the influences for your style are?
Ah hey guys, thanks for all the feedback.

Both of the blue guys are pretty incomplete at the moment to be honest. (I guess as they're my own ideas most if not all of the things on here are incomplete as I may add or remove things at some point).

The man on the hovery-future-cycle is (supposed to be) a woman Sad.

I dunno if I really have a set style (I try to be a jack of all trades in spriting different styles, not that I am), but I tend to pull more towards the cel-shaded look with a nice black outline, these sprites in particular however, were inspired by 1up's sprites (the small ankles+feet and lanky body.)
Pages: 1 2