The VG Resource

Full Version: Super Mario Land Colored
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have you ever wondered what SML would look like colored? Well wait no longer sence I plan on coloring the sprites/tiles of the game into
8-bits of color.... so yeah.... here's what I got so far.

[Image: 4h5ais.png]

Feel free to give advice about the color and crap... Also no this is not the best I can do in sprites. I have made tons of custom/edited sprites and am only making this as a time passer.
Can't really comment on just plain recolors though Mario has too many colors (unless you're wanting to use 8-bit overlay to give Mario more color than normal for 8-bit sprites).
If you're going to recolor a sprite I think you should add an outline. And it's too small, add some shading and recolor more tiles.
8-bit games generally has sprites with just 4 colors including transparency. Also, use a real NES palette.
Well I made it look more 8-bit looking like you guys wanted and this is how it turned out.

[Image: smlcoloredpreview2dl9.png]

To me it looks way to much like the SMB1 Mario and thats mostly why I used those colors in the first one. and yes I know the submarine and plane use 5 colors but thats only because im having alittle truble looking for the right color scheme. So anyways what do you guys think? Better? Worse?