The VG Resource

Full Version: Guitar hero is officially dead
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
http://www.gearlog.com/2011/02/guitar_hero_is_dead.php

hurray, now we have to wait for rockband to die. (probably not going to happen, but there's a slim chance it will considering how downhill the music genre of games has went.)
And nothing of value was lost.
I saw it coming as soon as there were about 7 sequels between 2008 and 2009.
Consider that rhythm games in general that aren't one-off games put out a large number of sequels. Beatmania IIDX was on 13 when I last checked, Pop'n is at 16, and DDR's probably at about 20, if you count console spinoffs.

But personally, I never liked Guitar Hero much. It took on so few gameplay staples that Konami's Bamani games established. Telling you how accurate your hits are; a mixture of songs made specifically for the game and licenced songs. A wide, wide range of genres to choose from (Guitar Hero suffers from a limited genre range like woah; Rock Band is apparently slightly better).

But then, I love DJ Hero. A more intuitive peripheral, a wide range of musical flavours, and track (and therfore stepcharts) made exclusively for the game. Wonderful.
Eh, Rockband was better to jam to with friends, but I'd prefer rhythm games like this anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHdNvj7A-Y0

Rid the trash, bring on the new hotness.
Totally on agreement with above post. Rhythm Heaven DS was sweet, and I really want to import the one for GBA.
Only upset because DJ Hero was canned too Sad
Just going to say, Guitar Hero was fun to play when you had a group of people to play with for awhile.
Activision pretty much dug their own grave with that series. The highpoint for Guitar Hero was II in my opinion anyway. (Can't comment on DJ Hero, not having played it, although that's a subseries) I've preferred Rock Band since then, and I don't even think they have long left. I can't really think of anything new and interesting they could add to a new title, if they were to make one.
GH3 was the series' climax.
(02-11-2011, 10:38 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]GH3 was the series' climax.

Should have been.

But it wasn't. The series should have died when harmonix finished the second one.
Quote:Guitar Hero is officially dead

About time.
two activision topics in the period of a couple hours

jesus
it was dead since it became a trend.
You know, the most recent one they made was much better in terms of quality, they actually put effort into it. My friends and I would play it for an half hour to an hour everytime we hanged out.
Pages: 1 2 3 4