The VG Resource

Full Version: LIKE CAVE STORY ONLY BETTER
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
sh

I HAVE TO GET A 3DS
OH MY GOD
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Definitely getting a 3ds even though I already was, nothing else matters anymore even just this, and pokemon white. Can't leave Wargle and Shoalgun out.
I'm incredibly happy to hear this, the 3DS in general seems to have a pretty solid lineup of games showing up one after the other too, It's kinda exciting.
This is really cool news, all the more reason for me to get a 3DS. Also the possibility of a Cave Story sequel as announced by the game's creator is also pretty exciting.
did they really needed to make it 3D?
i think it's dumb.

it looks anime as fuck in 3d, quote looks like he was redesigned by a random fan.

and the part about a sequel to cave story is just a bad idea. don't go fucking it up, pixel. you had a good thing!
Sounds fairly interesting, though with all the new work that would be required for a 3D version, they might as well just make a new one.
I'm afraid that I too am on the line of not understanding why this is a good thing...

Maybe because I still think that 3D technology is a piece of shit.
its basically the remake of a remake.

and guess what it probably includes the original cavestory.
If they didn't make Wiiware Cave Story and just made this, I'd be alright with it. But I'll be willing to ignore Cave Story Wii for this.
I don't know what the fuck you guys are talking about. This basically looks like what they did to La Mulana, only even better.

Shit, look at this:

[Image: Mimiga_Village--article_image.jpg]

This is all sorts of amazing.

Of course, this is all just concept art so far, let's just not hope that'll not be handled as "well" as Nicalis handled it.
I do have to say that I'm hoping they add a reasonable amount of new content to this. I don't really want to pay 35-40 bucks (or however a 3DS game goes for) for a 6 hour game I've already played. This is even more pertinent to people who bought the Wiiware version.
Oh, so the gameplay's only gonna be 2.5D, then?
Well forget what I said earlier; this game is somewhat less interesting to me now. I mean, if that's the case, then it'll just be another prettier version of the original. I might still get it (since I luckily missed out on the WiiWare version), but it'll be low-priority unless it contains a good amount of new content.

@Dazz, while I agree that 3D in general is a rather silly gimmick, there are some games that practically require it, such as shoot-em-ups that feature lots of precision dodging (I'd actually say platformers require it, too, but they don't really; but they could certainly benefit from it). e.g. 3D Gradius. Or 3D Touhou.

hint hint

Note that rail shooters like Star Fox don't actually require much precision dodging, since the enemy bullets move pretty quickly and therefore all you have to do to dodge is quickly move out of the way.
(02-11-2011, 01:46 AM)Sol Wrote: [ -> ]I do have to say that I'm hoping they add a reasonable amount of new content to this. I don't really want to pay 35-40 bucks (or however a 3DS game goes for) for a 6 hour game I've already played. This is even more pertinent to people who bought the Wiiware version.
this

Cave Story was a nifty game, but I wouldn't dream of shelling out $40 for it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5