The VG Resource

Full Version: Silent Hill (5)Homecoming models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I have 2 silent hill 5 models with me. I have the nurse, and i have pyramid head. i havent gotten the smog or the feral yet. I thought id just share this with you.

Nurse : http://www.mediafire.com/?2x09rnyxb9795n2

Pyramid Head : http://www.mediafire.com/?oj419711nw9tn0k

And if you would like an image of them here it is -

[Image: 34pzwgm.jpg]

sorry that its milk shape 3d i dont have auto desk at the moment Sad

anyway, enjoy
Well these look cool from the preview, but when I import them they become a garbled mess with random body parts stretched around. I'd guess this has something to do with the rigging, but I've no idea what. You may want to try exporting them again. Also, if you can't export to .dae, .smd works just fine if it helps. Lastly, the textures would need to be .png rather than .tga.
(02-06-2011, 08:04 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Well these look cool from the preview, but when I import them they become a garbled mess with random body parts stretched around. I'd guess this has something to do with the rigging, but I've no idea what. You may want to try exporting them again. Also, if you can't export to .dae, .smd works just fine if it helps. Lastly, the textures would need to be .png rather than .tga.

that happened to me when i got them at first. when i had my autodesk, i forgot what i did to make the model appear correctly. in milk-"shit" 3d, it comes out normally for some reason, no editing required.
Well you can try those models you just uploaded in Milkshape 3d and I'm 99% sure they'd come out just as screwy looking in Milkshape. I'm guessing you imported them originally with another format because there's no way that you could get such a radically different result from an .obj file. The format is so standardized by this point that every importer deals with them in almost exactly the same way.
(02-06-2011, 08:20 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Well you can try those models you just uploaded in Milkshape 3d and I'm 99% sure they'd come out just as screwy looking in Milkshape. I'm guessing you imported them originally with another format because there's no way that you could get such a radically different result from an .obj file. The format is so standardized by this point that every importer deals with them in almost exactly the same way.

it came out normal for me
Alright well whenever I import the file you uploaded for the nurse, I get this mess:
[Image: wtfnp.jpg]

You'll need to convert the .tga files to .png format to by the way.
(02-07-2011, 08:55 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright well whenever I import the file you uploaded for the nurse, I get this mess:
[Image: wtfnp.jpg]

You'll need to convert the .tga files to .png format to by the way.

try file.. then scroll the max file to - all files then open up the model. and i cant convert the images at the moment unless you want a shitilly textured model.
Alright, well I know what the issue is. The guruware import/export plugin that Max 09 uses for .obj files screws up when importing this type of .obj. Not sure why, but whatever. Sorry for blaming you.

If you don't mind though, I'd like to convert them to the newer format before putting them on the site. As far as I can tell its backwards compatible with older programs, but for whatever reason can't import whatever version of the file that Milkshape exports. It seems to work in Blender, but I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't it wouldn't work in any version of Max or maybe even Maya at or past version 09.

Edit: Also, about converting textures its not hard to just convert them and edit the .mtl in notepad to look for the .png textures rather than the .tga ones if you don't feel like reassigning the materials in Milkshape.
(02-08-2011, 08:02 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, well I know what the issue is. The guruware import/export plugin that Max 09 uses for .obj files screws up when importing this type of .obj. Not sure why, but whatever. Sorry for blaming you.

If you don't mind though, I'd like to convert them to the newer format before putting them on the site. As far as I can tell its backwards compatible with older programs, but for whatever reason can't import whatever version of the file that Milkshape exports. It seems to work in Blender, but I'd be willing to bet it wouldn't it wouldn't work in any version of Max or maybe even Maya at or past version 09.

Edit: Also, about converting textures its not hard to just convert them and edit the .mtl in notepad to look for the .png textures rather than the .tga ones if you don't feel like reassigning the materials in Milkshape.

2 things.. it does work in max. heres a pic i took a while ago. [Image: 76616_129481850440345_100001355924135_14...2673_n.jpg]

and 2, i cant convert them because one - i dont have a converter,2 my photoshop is broken... literally broken. i click it, it doesnt work.. it just loads and never opens. 3, ms paint would make it look horrible.
Well, for whatever reason the Max 09 importer doesn't read it right. I think I've proven that. As for converting textures, I like to use this. Its free, its not bulky, and its convenient since it supports a number of file formats. If for some reason you don't want to use DDSView there's always Paint.net as well.
(02-09-2011, 05:06 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Well, for whatever reason the Max 09 importer doesn't read it right. I think I've proven that. As for converting textures, I like to use this. Its free, its not bulky, and its convenient since it supports a number of file formats. If for some reason you don't want to use DDSView there's always Paint.net as well.

ok, one sec.. also, if you noticed, the pic i had was 2k10 not 2k9.. maybe you need 2k10 for it to work..i have no clue. i dont model make. just rip and edit.. im more of a modder not a modeler.
Same for me really at the moment. I guess, that Max 09 must be the only one to have that issue though then. Max 7 imports it just fine as I'm sure most programs do.

Edit: I already fixed the textures and uploaded them by the way so don't worry about it.
(02-09-2011, 05:26 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Same for me really at the moment. I guess, that Max 09 must be the only one to have that issue though then. Max 7 imports it just fine as I'm sure most programs do.

Edit: I already fixed the textures and uploaded them by the way so don't worry about it.

sorry.. i was grounded for a week. i updated the model.. http://www.mediafire.com/?tsi3hfvoutgvt1m it is already in png format and in obj. check if you wish.
Well as I said, I had already done that, but thanks anyway.
(02-19-2011, 09:57 PM)sonickjuice Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2011, 05:26 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Same for me really at the moment. I guess, that Max 09 must be the only one to have that issue though then. Max 7 imports it just fine as I'm sure most programs do.

sorry.. i was grounded for a week. i updated the model.. http://www.mediafire.com/?tsi3hfvoutgvt1m it is already in png format and in obj. check if you wish.

Actually, I was the one who acquired this model. =P
Pages: 1 2 3