The VG Resource

Full Version: hi im des and i am new
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi im new to pixeltendo and i dont really know anyone but uh i am huge nintendo fanboy and my favorite series is zelda
i also like to draw

[Image: mo_sketchies_by_desgardes-d38lhjr.jpg]
i like the one in blue ink on the third row.
first one on fifth row looks like a michaelangelo study, very nice.
Well Des, you're not gonna fit in here. We only like sprite edits and sonice fan characters. Personally these are some of the worst drawings ever, and where's your furonsa?

In all seriousness, these are relatively great. Are you studying Villipu? Your work seems like you are, however I'd consider hitting Bridgman aswell. Although on your blocked faces, you seem to have some errors, mind if I redline? If not no problem. My main problem is that profile nose and mouth, you aren't using the diagnol properly. Also your gamuts seem nice, glad to see some one else drawing in straight lines around here.
(02-01-2011, 11:33 PM)Murderbeard Wrote: [ -> ]i like the one in blue ink on the third row.
first one on fifth row looks like a michaelangelo study, very nice.

its actually caravaggio Cute http://www.thecitrusreport.com/wp-conten...2.JPG.jpeg

(02-01-2011, 11:34 PM)The Pope of Dope Wrote: [ -> ]Are you studying Villipu? Your work seems like you are, however I'd consider hitting Bridgman aswell. Although on your blocked faces, you seem to have some errors, mind if I redline? If not no problem. My main problem is that profile nose and mouth, you aren't using the diagnol properly. Also your gamuts seem nice, glad to see some one else drawing in straight lines around here.

yeah go right ahead Cute
im very vilppu trained and i actually own the bridgman book, just only kinda skimmed through it though. im going through loomis at the moment
gamuts?
reminded me of michaelangelo's sketches, but i feel stupid for thinking that
Gamuts are the limitted directions you incorpoarte in your drawings. You're doing it, if subconciously, most like from your training. However the guy doesn't do heads all to well, this is where Bridgman will benefit you. I'm currently on my netbook so redlining is a tad hard, with such a tiny trackpad, I'll do more whenI get to my desktop and have a proper mouse. So I just hit my main complaint for right now.
[Image: redlines.png]
See that diagnol from the edge of the nose? You need that to place the chin and mouth in the proper place, also the mouth is too far back, it should be right where the middle of the eye is. Also the nostril should fall directly in front of the eye. Drop those verticals their key to setting up the face. You have MSN bro? it'd be cool to talk about art with you some time.
i think i get what your saying
and i used: http://analyticalfiguresp08.blogspot.com...-demo.html
i do have msn but im not on too often, ill see how busy i am in the coming days

also murderbeard it does look very Michelangelo-esque so don't fault yourself :v
FUCK YOU, ASSHOLE

I'M GOING TO KILL YOU AND STEAL YOUR TALENTTTTTTTTTTTTT
i can't even crit you because i'm so biased to your styles that i literally can't find any sort of problems
haha scanning over these i see so much shit i can improve but thanks Cute
Holy fucking shitting balls
way to absolutely dominate everyone.

Are you doing these studies in your own time or are you actually attending classes? If you're this committed to doing this in your free time then you are going to go fucking far, okay. I'm seriously envious of your commitment ;A;

oh sorry just using your thread as an excuse to angst lol

I'm serious though. You have improved huge amounts in a relatively short space of time, and that is awesome.

The one on the bottom right, specifically -- I don't know how old this is since it appears twice, but a general thing to keep in mind-
try to avoid creating a tangent with the eye on the side of the head. It breaks the 3d look because the eye gains dominance.

That's... that's basically it.

Also Pope do not talk lies. You use straight lines almost exclusively and it's tremendously detrimental to your work. Des is using a mix of curved and straight lines and not using them as a crutch, thx.
Gillian, I'm confused. I was insulting Des's work in the slightest, I was happy he was using straight lines, he's formalizing brilliantly.

EDIT: reading my posts again I think I found the problem, by "drop those verticals" I mean, carry them through the drawing. They help you set up proper measurements and such. I suppose I need to explain myself better.
Not saying you were insulting him
but don't try and draw the comparison :I
I'm still confused, a comparison between Des and myself? Oh he's easily the better one, and we come from a similar background it seem which is why I bring up Bridgman. He's incorporating alot more classical training in his work(far better than me might I add), but Villipu and Bridgman seem compatible. If he makes a hybrid of the two's practices he should have an even stronger body of work than this already impressive one.
(02-02-2011, 04:44 AM)Tachikoma Wrote: [ -> ]You have improved huge amounts in a relatively short space of time

this

also analyzing art? for shame
(02-02-2011, 12:04 PM)Quietus Wrote: [ -> ]also analyzing art? for shame

If you're not being sarcastic, you are a tool. The end.
Pages: 1 2