The VG Resource

Full Version: Guilty Gaming Pleasure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

What games do you love to play that seem like a guilty pleasure? Something you play that you either play way too much, or you feel awkward about playing because of what people might think of you because of what you play.

For me, I've been way too into Earth Defense Force: 2017 for the 360, a game that so underutilizes the capabilities of the system that it is so bad it's awesome. Just over 10 enemy models throughout the span of a 52 level game, and the voice acting is so silly but takes itself so seriously. It also is one of those games on the 360 with the fewest achievements, only 6. Not that I am too engrossed on gamerscore (aside from amongst my three closest friends), a game just screams low quality with so few achievements.

I LOVE this game. There's just something so satisfying about annihilating giant ants, spiders, robots, UFOs and Godzilla monsters with shotguns, acid shooters, rockets and thirty charges of C4ish explosives in a row. I've only got Hardest and Inferno modes to complete before I am completely satisfied. Also the final boss is INSANE. Bullet hell extraordinaire:

So what is your guilty pleasure in gaming?
I honestly don't think I have any games I feel awkward for playing. But when it comes to games I play too much that would be TF2.
cooking mama.

there i said it.
Quote:Something you play that you either play way too much, or you feel awkward about playing because of what people might think of you because of what you play.
Disgaea in a nut shell?
Sonic 2006.
I play Halo Wars from time to time. I personally find the game pretty fun, although there are a few things that are pretty broken, but a lot of people look down on it because of its simplistic gameplay for an RTS.
dirge of cereberus: final fantasy seven
also final fantasy seven itself! at least now I do,

uhh I can't really think of others. I love kendo rage on the SNES and splatterhouse 3
Animal Crossing Animal Crossing Animal Crossing ANIMAL CROSSING ANIMAL CROSSING

I even have a charm on my wallet (no idea which character it is. I wanted Static or KK Slider, dammit >:I )
Peggle series. Actually, not really, since basically everybody knows I like Peggle (and those who don't do now) and Peggle just is that good a game. Even the hard core can't deny that Peggle is a solid concept. Puzzle Quest is also one such games, although Peggle is at least fair. It sometimes seems Puzzle Quest just bullshits you with its randomness and sometimes even cheaty behavior.

I also love economic games like Capitalism. I know people think it's boring as hell, actually it is boring as hell, but still. I enjoy these games. Games where it's all about setting up correct trade routes and manage factories and production lines and stuff. I never really got past the competition in the games though. It's just that hard.
Peppa Pig: Fun and Games

ahahaha but seriously, I'm a big Kingdom Hearts fan, even though the plot is terrible, the character design is NOMURA and the fandom is one of the worst in the Multiverse.
(01-24-2011, 12:29 AM)X Gamer 66 Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Something you play that you either play way too much, or you feel awkward about playing because of what people might think of you because of what you play.
Disgaea in a nut shell?

Disgaea's a guilty pleasure for me too!

The gameplay's not as smart as it thinks it is, it's one of the biggest grindfests I've ever played but oh my god the art style and humour are excellent.

Prism Rangers forever.
Me: OMG Disgaea's such a pointless grinding game
(is always 30 levels above enemy) :X
(01-24-2011, 12:13 AM)Fuchikoma Wrote: [ -> ]cooking mama.

there i said it.

cooking papa

Also Panel de Pon (the first one)
(01-24-2011, 10:16 AM)Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors٫ Gors Wrote: [ -> ]Also Panel de Pon (the first one)
just posting to share with TSR that this is also my guilty gaming pleasure

except my real guilty pleasure is Style Savvy
fuck if they make a sequel where you're George Zimmer and you're running The Men's Wearhouse i'd be ALL OVER that shit

I've been caught playing it once in public :{{{
taiko no tatsujin

it's just too damn cute
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5