The VG Resource

Full Version: Megasis Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, this is my thread that I'll be posting my other models that don't belong in the other threads.

For my first rip....

Fang from Sonic the Fighters (Arcade)

[Image: sonicthefightersicon.png]

[Image: fangicon.png]

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ozrsy6pzzq2xqw
(01-15-2011, 12:53 PM)Megasis Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, this is my thread that I'll be posting my other models that don't belong in the other threads.

For my first rip....

Fang from Sonic the Fighters (Arcade)

[Image: sonicthefightersicon.png]

[Image: fangicon.png]

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ozrsy6pzzq2xqw
Awesome! I always wanted to have a closer look of the models from that game. Do you plan to rip any more from Sonic the Fighters?
Ah nice, I love this game. Out of curiosity though, how did you go about ripping the models? The backface culling makes methods like 3D Ripper DX and such a real pain to use.
Shadowth117: In the "Game" tab in the Model 2 Emulator, there's a "Dump Texture Cache" button. That dumps the textures to a specified folder. And, painfully, I have to use 3D Ripper DX.

Solink: Probably not anytime soon, because when I tried playing it again, this is what happened.

[Image: stfproblem.png]

The black/gray/white changes rapidly, and I still get the music, but because of this, I can't rip any more models until this is fixed. There's nothing that shows how to fix it, almost all of the problems are that some of the files are missing, and I went through that, and completed that. But there's no tutorials on how to fix this.
Ah you did use 3D Ripper? I was really hoping there was a better method. I definitely give you props for going through that.

As for your emulator's issue there, if you've already restarted your computer and you haven't changed any settings yourself than I'm not sure how you might fix it. I guess if none of that works than you could re download it and try it with the default config to see if it works then.
Wow such a clean rip! I've actually thought it'd be cool to have models from this game as it has Sonic characters that aren't in any other current games (if any other games besides this at all). So that would make them quite rare as far as possible places to rip them from.

I commend you on a job well done. And thank you.
Alrighty, it's been almost a week, and I haven't posted a new rip. Time for a new rip!

NiGHTS from NiGHTS into Dreams... (Saturn)

[Image: nightsicon.png]

http://www.mediafire.com/?drz7nzz363f0976

(Sorry about the distorted picture. It looks fine when I go on the site of the picture, but on here, it looks strangely resized for no reason.)

Might post more NiGHTS stuff tomorrow... who knows?
Looks fine for me. 0_o

Really cool to have a NiGHTS rip though. I never played the game, but the art in it always looked pretty cool to me.
I'm not sure if I'm bumping a dead topic, but I really look forward to more from this fellow. I'd like to try ripping from Sonic the Fighters myself...but I have no idea what engine runs the game...er...emulation engine that is...
This topic is very dead bro. As in 7 months old dead. If you want to ask how to rip from something you can post it in model discussion. You could also try PMing the guy but considering how long its been since he posted I doubt you'll get much from him.

Fighters is an Sega Model 2 arcade game that's usually run through this emulator. Its just annoying since because of the backface culling, which essentially stops the game from rendering polygons facing opposite the screen for efficiency, you have to rip a model from multiple angles and combine them to get the full model.

Try to be smarter about the topics you post in next time though.