The VG Resource

Full Version: Take Two I guess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, my stuff.

Monokid
(My game project)
[Image: monokid_spritesheet_3___hud_by_sphericalice-d36olxc.png]
[Image: bye_bye__colour_essence_by_sphericalice-d36h5od.png]

Pokémon
[Image: Alien-1.png][Image: PyrockEdit-1.png][Image: Golava-1.png][Image: Proton-1.png][Image: Dumdoh-1.png][Image: Swewe.png][Image: 6s7tia.png][Image: Coyseed-2.png][Image: Faeceking.png]

[Image: dpcy9d.png]
Tropius pre-evolution.

And some random faces, idek
[Image: 2n1ygiw.png]
could you talk a bit about monokid?
overall, your work needs more contrast, and i'd suggest you practice more on your antialiasing.
your pokémon are generally ok, but they still need some work concept-wise and technically.
http://www.calisprojects.com/forum/showt...of-Monokid!

Anyway yeah, you're right about contrast. I'll work on it.

Mind elaborating on the Pokémon? I know that generally my concepts are shitty, but I'm interested in the technical sides.
aa, shapes and shading!
especially on the pookemon and that ghos pokemon
Pokemon are all rather small and cluttered, and you've got some instances of pillowshading, especially here:
[Image: 6s7tia.png]

You could do with upping your brightness and contrast, and maybe cutting out a shade or two. Also, focus on the eyes and face; they're honestly the most important part of a Pokemon sprite, not even kidding! Look at how official sprites deal with the eyes and copy them, if need be.

Platformer sprites are cute, try not working on a white background and eliminate all black from the HUD if possible, it looks ugly. Same thing with regards to color choice.
I'd make the expressions on Monokid more "dramatic", for example it's a bit hard to tell when his expression changes other than the 1px wide eye and eyebrow changes.
And I agree with Twitch, your fakemon all seem fairly small. Are you working in smaller dimensions than DPPT/BW or are you just not planning out your sprites fully before you make them?

Glad to see you here though, this place has helped me a lot. Big Grin