The VG Resource

Full Version: Playing a game with your own music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Basically, I was playing the Goldeneye remake when I was like "you know I wonder what'd happen if I played music from Epic Mickey." So I muted Goldeneye's music, and started playing Epic Mickey music, and it actually fit. Really, really well. Escaping an exploding frigate to the tune of a demonic It's a Small World? Hell yes!

So, why don't you guys try this out; play a game, use your own music, and make a post with the stuff and tell us if it fits or not. You can use multiple tracks (which I did based on whether I was in action or espionage) or an entire 'nother soundtrack, or just one song throughout the whole entire 50 hour Final Fantasy, just have fun with it. You might be surprised, like I was.
Its something that's become popular enough over the years for it to be implemented as a feature into the Xbox 360 at least since launch. Not sure about the PS3.

But yeah I've definitely played my own stuff from time to time though its usually in online multiplayer matches since those generally lack music anyway. I've done it in single player, but it usually doesn't fit as well as the original music. The only single player game I remember doing it on recently was SA2B since the actual music got repetitive to the point where I couldn't stand it on some level when I was attempting speedruns.

Personally though, I don't think I could ever come close to listening to a single song for 50 hour play through though. I would have just cut off the sound completely long before then rather than listen to the same thing for the 100th time.
(12-31-2010, 03:17 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally though, I don't think I could ever come close to listening to a single song for 50 hour play through though. I would have just cut off the sound completely long before then rather than listen to the same thing for the 100th time.

I'm legitimately wondering whether or not you caught the joke.
(12-31-2010, 03:17 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure about the PS3.

it can play your own music with some games, but since it's only a select few it's hard to say that there are many games that allow this feature.

hell in little big planet it only works when you are making your own levels.
i play Halo CE listening to Duke Nukem's theme.

groaaaaaaaaaaaar
(12-31-2010, 03:19 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-31-2010, 03:17 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]Personally though, I don't think I could ever come close to listening to a single song for 50 hour play through though. I would have just cut off the sound completely long before then rather than listen to the same thing for the 100th time.

I'm legitimately wondering whether or not you caught the joke.

Damn I'm stupid. That's what I get for posting as soon as I wake up.
currently playing ff14 listening to dancing with myself
It depends on the genre or specific game for me. I'll usually play just anything if I'm playing a fighter or a racing game. I also have several playlists for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2. The 90's X-Men theme is so much better than the game's actual soundtrack. So much better.
obligatory audiosurf post
I usually have itunes open and whatever happens to be on is on.
(12-31-2010, 09:56 PM)munky cheez Wrote: [ -> ]currently playing ff14 listening to dancing with myself

I HAVE TO DO THIS NGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Okay so I think this is in the spirit of the thread.

I saw a guy at school hijack a bus on GTA: whatever city is the one they were playing, so I found Crazy Bus on youtube and began playing it.

They were pissed, most likely because children's edutainment doesn't go very well with killing prostitutes.

That being said I usually listen to the game's music unless it gets repetitive (hatching eggs in Pokemon, training in pretty much any Monster Rancher), then I'll put on my own stuff.

Haven't found anything funny yet though.

(01-01-2011, 02:28 PM)Fuchikoma Wrote: [ -> ]

What game is that Metaru?
i play my own music, always.
Pages: 1 2