The VG Resource

Full Version: Djanjowhat'shisface got a 360?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys I got an X-box but I'm not privy to the 360 scene.

Games to acquire post haste:

Gears of War 1-2
Tales of Vesperia
Tempura of the Dead (I swear if not for this game being exclusive I might not have even bought the damn thing.)

What else is a must own? Reach? Someone, anyone please help me!

All the Halos (if you're into FPSes)

Crackdown (Not crackdown 2. C2 is okay, but C1 is much better.)
All of the GTAIV games
Red Dead Redemption
Burnout Paradise
Mirror's Edge
Mercenaries 2
The Saboteur
Just Cause 2
Fallout 3
Fallout: New Vegas
Dead Rising
Saints Row 2

umm
http://profile.mygamercard.net/Vipershark111

that's most of the games i have
/most/ of the games on here are things that i would recommend to other people
Borderlands
Red Dead Redemption
Halo Reach
Lost Odyssey
Bioshock
Brutal Legend(just a personal favorite of mine)
Left 4 Dead
Monday Night Combat is a pretty fun downloadable game.
Don't know much about Halo, but I'd recommend getting all of the games since I've heard nothing but good about them.
also burnout paradise.
Kinect made me sweat like a pedo in a playground
Assassins Creed, all 3 of them.
Eternal Sonata
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage
Lot of the good ones have been mentioned. Reach is pretty good, but personally a few gameplay quirks they added steer me away from it personally.

Left4Dead2 is great so long as you've got someone else to play with it and same with the first one.
First Mass Effect is alright, but my friends tell me Mass Effect 2 is phenomenal so I'd have to recommend that.
The Orange Box gives you Portal, Half Life 2 Episode 1, Half-Life 2 Episode 2, and Team Fortress 2. Much better on the PC honestly, but if you can't play it on that and you still haven't played Portal its a good deal.

On the Xbox Live Arcade there's a bunch of classics from older consoles to play if you missed them, but some good current stuff is would be stuff like:

Pacman Championshiop Edition DX If you ever loved Pacman, you'll probably enjoy this. The first one isn't bad either so check that out too.

Castle Crashers is a fun beat-em up which supports up to 4 players. Doesnt't have the best replay value, but its a great game.

Marble Blast Ultra is a great 3D Platformer you can get for a measly 400 points. The DLC isn't the best since the Multiplayer isn't amazing, but the single player is very fun and well worth the money you pay for the game by itself. This is a must buy in my opinion.

Geometry Wars Retro Evolved^2 is a sequel to the first one and is very fun. Basically its an Asteroids style SHMUP.

Aegis Wing is decent, but completely free so you can just download it whenever.

Braid if you haven't played it is worth a run through although replay value on it isn't amazingly high unless you want to do a speedrun and its not terribly long.

Hexic 2 is a sequel to the arcade game Hexic that came on your Xbox so if you liked that, you'll enjoy this a lot.

Alien Hominid HD is basically the same Alien Hominid that was released for PS2, Xbox, and GC a while back and plays similar to Metal Slug. Really not bad although like Metal Slug it is VERY difficult for most people.

Dead Rising 2: Case Zero is basically a demo of Dead Rising 2 itself, but is a decent standalone game in and of itself so its something decent to try for 400 points.

Shadow Complex is Metroid Epic Games edition. No seriously. It plays almost exactly like classic 2D Metroid with a different setting and the Unreal Engine 3. No Multiplayer, but a great buy if you were a fan of the old Metroid games.

I'd pass on the first Ass Creed. Start with Brotherhood for the online play, then pick up 2, complete it, and then complete Brotherhood's story.
(12-29-2010, 04:21 PM)Goemar Wrote: [ -> ]I'd pass on the first Ass Creed.

Butt it sounds really good.

on topic: I'd recommend going for megaman 9 and 10 if you haven't already gotten them for the wii or PS3.

You might also want to check out a few of the indie games they have on live.
Get Doritos Crash Course and Harm's way off XBLA.

They're both free.
DEADLY PREMONITION

ALAN WAKE
Lost Odyssey is a must if you like JRPGs.
Beautiful Katamari is a must

also Sonic '06

Burnout Paradise, Assassins Creed II, Borderlands

I don't know if I'd recommend Sonic Unleashed or Quantum of Solace since those are hit-and-miss but I quite liked both of them so I guess it's a matter of taste on those last two. I've done a commentary on the first if you want to see what it's like beforehand
(12-30-2010, 07:20 PM)Zero Kirby Wrote: [ -> ]Sonic Unleashed
I'd recommend it just for the daytime levels.
Thanks guys. Happy New Year.