The VG Resource

Full Version: Help about programs and hardware and stuff
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My post from another forum Wrote:Is there any way to "trick" a game into thinking your computer has the "required" specs?
Let me explain my predicament...

You see, I bought MX vs ATV Reflex yesterday. Upon finally being able to play it, it came up with an error sayin[/u]g my hardware might not support it. Now I checked the store page and it looks like I should be able to handle the game without a problem, so I searched around on Google. Apparently, a lot of other people are having the same problem, despite having great computers. The problem seems to be that Rainbow Studios decided to be a bunch of dicks and make the game be strict about what kind of hardware you have, rendering the game unplayable for a lot of people. They may or may not change this in the future, I dunno, but I don't really wanna wait. Does anybody know a way/program that would make games and such think you had different hardware than you actually do, so I could play MX vs ATV Reflex?

And I should probably include this because I forgot to at the other forum. I cannot actually play the game. As soon as I try starting it up, the error comes up and it closes.

And though this may not help, this is what the error message says: "This application has encountered an error and has closed. Please check if your hardware is sufficient to run this application."
Try updating your drivers.
Didn't work.
perhaps it's the game itself, wait for a patch to come out and get it.

If you have the specs for it I don't see any other reason why it won't work.
either that or find a way to delete the thing that makes the error come up.