The VG Resource

Full Version: [WRITING] Snippets from Leech Child
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Long story short, Leech Child is a novel/long story thing I've been working on for the last 4 years. It's gone through a lot of story/plot/character changes but it's gotten to the point where I only need to figure out a few things and I'll be ready to write.

It takes place in a fantasy world inspired by "classic" western fantasy, Japanese mythology and a tinge of steampunk. The species/races that inhabit the world are based on youkai, Japanese monsters.

In this topic I'll post snippets I sometimes write that may eventually go somewhere in the finished novel.

This piece (which I wrote a while ago) features the antagonist, Aoi, as a child. It's a flashback... it actually has a lot of emotional pull for me because I did something similar when I was a kid.

If there's anyone here who is experienced in writing, I'd love to hear your opinions. I'm still trying to find my voice and have it not sound forced or generic, so any help with that kind of thing is loved. Critique from anyone is loved, in fact. I just want to hear what people think.

Enjoy!