The VG Resource

Full Version: Stuff made by a pirate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello TSR! I am a lonely pirate traversing the endless seas known as the internet.I came to this forum to show off some of my stuff...I mostly do Megaman styled sprites, so here's a little preview:
Skullcastlevania
(A crossover between Megaman and Castlevania)
[Image: akumajo.png]
Main characters (Rock Belmont, Roll Belnandes,Forte Yliw Tepes, Blues Lecarde
(for those wondering why Protoman is not Grant...well, that's a long story, but just to show you:
[Image: akumajoblues.png])
Some bosses:
Shade Man - Giant Bat
Snake Man - Medusa

There is much more from this project...but I don't feel like showing more Big Grin

Here are some other sprites:
Wily Armor based on Wily's armor from Megaman Soccer
Kefka from Final fantasy in Megaman style

I don't feel like posting everything so here's my Deviantart account where I have stored most of my sprites...
[dont advertise other sites. that includes accounts on dA. use your signature, of the website field in your profile or the thread made to share accounts ~Fuchikoma]
more like stolen and edited sir.

While edits are nice to experiment I don't recommend posting them here, try something from scratch matey.
(12-23-2010, 03:46 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: [ -> ]more like stolen
Just like a pirate.
Well, those are the first sprites I found on my folder. I don't do much edits nowadays. Just look trough my DA account and you'll see that most of them are scratched. I may be a pirate, but I still have my pride good sir.
Also I am looking for a new style I can sprite in.
well, then wouldn't make sense to show your customs first instead of Megaman edits here, considering that edits (principally Megaman ones) are frowned upon?

Quote:Also I am looking for a new style I can sprite in.

I'm saying this again, but there is no such thing as 'I want a new style'. Unless you mean 'I'd like to know another style from another game so I can mimic it' which would make sense, but there's no way to pull out a style out of thin air.

Style is, basically, a collection of artistic techniques used to represent stuff; and that's solidified by time, practice and observations of art you like. Several newcomers came here and ask for a personal style, but that's nonsense.
I don´t care about the preferences and tastes of people around here.I do what I want to do whether people like it or not. I do however listen to constructive criticism that improve my skills.
Quote:I'm saying this again, but there is no such thing as 'I want a new style'. Unless you mean 'I'd like to know another style from another game so I can mimic it' which would make sense, but there's no way to pull out a style out of thin air.
That´s what I was saying. Of course I am looking for my own style but in the meantime I try to mimic styles of other games since I think I have done enough in Megaman style. I´m still looking for one that is fun to sprite in but complicated enough that I can improve my skills.
go something a bit more elaborate than megaman/castlevania crossovers then. like pokémon black/white or something.
(12-29-2010, 06:00 AM)blackhook Wrote: [ -> ]I don´t care about the preferences and tastes of people around here.I do what I want to do whether people like it or not.

Only, edits are prohibited on the rules, unless it is a very extensive one (which these aren't).

Anyway, I suggest browsing other people's threads; they might give you ideas and inform about other styles.
(12-29-2010, 08:14 AM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]go something a bit more elaborate than megaman/castlevania crossovers then. like pokémon black/white or something.
That´s not my primary style. I mostly did custom Boss characters. These are sprites for a project of mine and since they were my most recent work I posted them here. With pokémon you mean overworld or in battle sprites?

Quote:Only, edits are prohibited on the rules, unless it is a very extensive one (which these aren't).

Anyway, I suggest browsing other people's threads; they might give you ideas and inform about other styles.
Well, the Megaman/Castlevania sprites aren´t supposed to be extensive edits...you know what? Fuck it.
I don´t feel like posting here anything anymore

The thing about Megaman edits is that they're, well.. Ugly to begin with.
Even a VERY GOOD Megaman edit is still a Megaman edit. ie, it's still going to be p bad.

That said, maybe you should've read the rules before posting. Or posted your newer "from scratch" work, even. I just don't see the point in posting outdated work, unless it's for gallery purposes (posting them here means you want them critiqued, meaning you're still working on them).

I think you're looking at this the wrong way: it might seem like other members are being elitist about edits, but really we just want to see what you can do from scratch, to know what level you work with and how to help you best. If you reread their posts, they were being as honest as possible without being rude.

Welcome to the forums! :-)
AH finnaly a welcome Wink Btw I posted my newer stuff since I didn´t want to post my old sprites (Check the link in my sig)
Personally I like the Megaman style, that´s why I started spriting in it in the first place. So let´s see my scratched non MM work (Btw the Wily armour, KEfka and the extra parts on Snake and shade man were in fact Scratch)
My first try at Mother 3 style, this was made for a contest. It shows a Halloween party
[Image: entryj.png]
(I did the megaman characters BTW)

Jump superstars and it´s sequel is a very nice style, I tried out some characters:
Death the Kidd (from an Anime called Soul Eater)
[Image: kiddx.png]
Yoshikage Kira (from an Manga called Jojo´s bizarre adventures part 4) and his stand Killer Queen
[Image: kirau.png]
Dr.Wily
[Image: juswily.png]
Travis Touchdown(from the game No more heroes)
[Image: 44838835.png]

Kingdom Heart CHain of Memories (nice style, but really hard)
I did Sephiroth in this style (SERIOUSLY, that game had Cloud, but not Sephiroth?)
[Image: sephkh.png]

Classic Castlevania (pretty hard style)
Cornell from CV Legacy of Darkness
[Image: nonamegiven.png]

Characters from a Roleplay
Alice
[Image: alicez.png]
Roleplay version of Death
[Image: rpmd.png]

Improvised style (something I made out of boredom)
Metal Man
[Image: met.png]
Rain Woman (custom RM)
[Image: rain.png]
Honey Woman(custom RM)
[Image: honey.png]

if you'd read the rules as murderbeard pointed out, you would've presented yourself in new arrivals/departures. saying hello/goodbye/welcome doesn't interest us in this part of the forum, it's your work.
without even knowing what the original styles look like i can already tell that your sprites' outlines can still be worked on. and the colour palettes could all do with a bit of tampering.
when you present so many different styles (especially ones that aren't used often), it'd help if you gave us some stylistic references (links please) with it, for that kingdom hearts style for example.
and... that improvised style. it's your style. Wink
Well..I couldn´t find the welcome topic to be honest >.>
Also, all of those styles can be found on this site:
Mother 3
Jump superstars/ultimate stars
Kingdom Hearts
Castlevania

here it is.
yes, these games' sprites are ripped on the tsr, but it's not up to us to look for them, you have to show us because you're the one showing us something, you're supposed to be making our lives easier so that we can help you faster and more effectively.
your mother 3 sprites look most like the style, the rest needs more work.
Yeah, I know, they have been my first tries in those styles. Any improving advice
Pages: 1 2