The VG Resource

Full Version: where to find anime characters models with eye sockets
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does any body know where I can get anime characters models with eye
sockets, you know like in Super smash brothers brawl or street fighter 4.

It would be easier to animate there faces and more detail face expression, then using animation textures like bleach and naruto. I hate animation textures
There's Kingdom Hearts I suppose if you consider that model style anime enough. The low poly models use textured eyes, but the highpoly ones for main characters like Sora and such in cutscenes used actual eyes. You can get a few on the site, though admittedly there aren't too many right now: http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/K.html
what program are you useing to animate? I use Miku Miku Dance, and sometimes models arn't rigged to have full eyeball movement, and alot of models converted from ripped ones have 0 facial animation but can move arms, legs, swords, and other things..the face animations are normally done last. the basic models that come with MMD have the eye sockets you were asking about.

and the naruto models can have some eye movement that is not texture driven, but i'm not sure if it's only possible on Miku Miku Dance
(12-14-2010, 09:35 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]There's Kingdom Hearts I suppose if you consider that model style anime enough. The low poly models use textured eyes, but the highpoly ones for main characters like Sora and such in cutscenes used actual eyes. You can get a few on the site, though admittedly there aren't too many right now: http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/K.html

thanks some of these faces will help me
(12-15-2010, 07:27 PM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]what program are you using to animate? I use Miku Miku Dance, and sometimes models aren't rigged to have full eyeball movement, and a lot of models converted from ripped ones have 0 facial animation but can move arms, legs, swords, and other things..the face animations are normally done last. the basic models that come with MMD have the eye sockets you were asking about.

and the naruto models can have some eye movement that is not texture driven, but I'm not sure if it's only possible on Miku Miku Dance

I'm using 3ds max and having problems with animation mainly face animation with anime characters. I downloaded miku miku while back but that soft ware is in Japanese. So unless you have or know where i can get a English patch then I can't use it. I heard blender can animate anime faces kind ok, but I don't understand the interface of blender, just like I don't under the interface of zbrush. I will like to learn blender and zbrush interface, so if any body out there knows how to use them, could you teach me. I'm noob editor just trying to learn that's all. Sorry for trolling off topic
(12-15-2010, 11:00 PM)mugeninfo25 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-14-2010, 09:35 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]There's Kingdom Hearts I suppose if you consider that model style anime enough. The low poly models use textured eyes, but the highpoly ones for main characters like Sora and such in cutscenes used actual eyes. You can get a few on the site, though admittedly there aren't too many right now: http://www.models-resource.com/psx_ps2/K.html

(12-15-2010, 07:27 PM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]what program are you using to animate? I use Miku Miku Dance, and sometimes models aren't rigged to have full eyeball movement, and a lot of models converted from ripped ones have 0 facial animation but can move arms, legs, swords, and other things..the face animations are normally done last. the basic models that come with MMD have the eye sockets you were asking about.

and the naruto models can have some eye movement that is not texture driven, but I'm not sure if it's only possible on Miku Miku Dance

I'm using 3ds max and having problems with animation mainly face animation with anime characters. I downloaded miku miku while back but that soft ware is in Japanese. So unless you have or know where i can get a English patch then I can't use it. I heard blender can animate anime faces kind ok, but I don't understand the interface of blender, just like I don't under the interface of zbrush. I will like to learn blender and zbrush interface, so if any body out there knows how to use them, could you teach me. I'm noob editor just trying to learn that's all. Sorry for trolling off topic

This is your own topic, you're hardly derailing it. As for software for animating that stuff, it really doesn't matter. Its going to be done pretty much the same way no matter what program you use. And I can tell you right now it'll be far easier to do anime animations in Max since you know it already than learning it in Blender where you know nothing. Blender's interface is so completely different from Max that if you learned Max first it can be VERY difficult to lean Blender. Plus they do pretty much the same thing although they both have a few extra things here and there the other doesn't have.
Miku Miku dance is available in english now and has a fairly large english community now, Zerox, E-Man and myself are members, I suggest useing Miku Miku Dance version 7 as it's the best version out so far. I've made a few animation on youtube useing models ripped and submitted to this site. Zerox knows more about MMD then I do, I just convert models to MMD format.
(12-16-2010, 09:57 PM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]Miku Miku dance is available in english now and has a fairly large english community now, Zerox, E-Man and myself are members, I suggest useing Miku Miku Dance version 7 as it's the best version out so far. I've made a few animation on youtube useing models ripped and submitted to this site. Zerox knows more about MMD then I do, I just convert models to MMD format.

Could you give me the website and link to download section. I would also like to see your videos please.
(12-16-2010, 01:50 AM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-15-2010, 11:00 PM)mugeninfo25 Wrote: [ -> ]

This is your own topic, you're hardly derailing it. As for software for animating that stuff, it really doesn't matter. Its going to be done pretty much the same way no matter what program you use. And I can tell you right now it'll be far easier to do anime animations in Max since you know it already than learning it in Blender where you know nothing. Blender's interface is so completely different from Max that if you learned Max first it can be VERY difficult to lean Blender. Plus they do pretty much the same thing although they both have a few extra things here and there the other doesn't have.

thanks for the tip, I 'll just stick with max for now
heres where you can find version 7 in english
http://www.geocities.jp/higuchuu4/index_e.htm
PMD (the program used to MAKE the models) is'nt in english yet.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ValforWing?feature=mhum#g/u
here are my videos, the first 15 of them are made useing MMD, alot of them re-use the same motion data.
(12-16-2010, 09:57 PM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]Miku Miku dance is available in english now and has a fairly large english community now, Zerox, E-Man and myself are members, I suggest useing Miku Miku Dance version 7 as it's the best version out so far.

Well, I wouldn't call myself a member of the MMD community because the program doesn't work on Mac computers, but I greatly support it and always love it when Valfor converts any of my custom models for use in MMD.

Anyway, as far as I know, you're not going to find any characters with eye sockets in any of the N64 games due to hardware limitations. However, I'm more than happy to create character models for you that have eye sockets, which I will get onto after Christmas. Of course, you can always animate the eyes of some characters without eye sockets by moving around the UVs for the eyes. My Koopa model is a good example of this.
anyone who supports the MMD community is a good neibor indeed Big Grin
another good way to find models with eye sockets is to look for the High res models, the KH and crisis core models have these. the textures on a low-res model (in-game model) in KH has a picture of the character's face, eyes, and everything else all together like one would see it in game. the High res models the face texture is different, and the eyes are a separate mesh away from the model.
while I have'nt seen any models from crisis core ripped, the Texture Resorce has several textures from crisis core, some of which are low res and high res versions. I'm currently in the process of attempting to make a Genesis model from a Chrono Cross model by swapping textures and such.

I'm not too good with blender as I can't even assign textures, and cn only convert models to various formats and resize reposition models is all.
(12-17-2010, 11:08 AM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]heres where you can find version 7 in english
http://www.geocities.jp/higuchuu4/index_e.htm
PMD (the program used to MAKE the models) is'nt in english yet.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ValforWing?feature=mhum#g/u
here are my videos, the first 15 of them are made useing MMD, alot of them re-use the same motion data.

thanks for the information I really appreciate it.

(12-17-2010, 04:13 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2010, 09:57 PM)valforwing Wrote: [ -> ]Miku Miku dance is available in english now and has a fairly large english community now, Zerox, E-Man and myself are members, I suggest useing Miku Miku Dance version 7 as it's the best version out so far.

Well, I wouldn't call myself a member of the MMD community because the program doesn't work on Mac computers, but I greatly support it and always love it when Valfor converts any of my custom models for use in MMD.

Anyway, as far as I know, you're not going to find any characters with eye sockets in any of the N64 games due to hardware limitations. However, I'm more than happy to create character models for you that have eye sockets, which I will get onto after Christmas. Of course, you can always animate the eyes of some characters without eye sockets by moving around the UVs for the eyes. My Koopa model is a good example of this.

I would be very grateful for those, when ever you have the time and when ever you feel like making them. Do you think you can make an tutorial on how to make anime models with eye sockets. Also eyes of some characters without eye sockets by moving around the UVs for the eyes please.
Well, for tutorials, I think I could create one since I've never created one before and I would like to give it a try. Besides, I made a faulty promise to someone on this site a year ago that I would create a tutorial for creating sprite layouts, so I'm due for some type of tutorial.

However, some things to note are that I use Maya to model and animate, so some things might not work in other programs, but I'm willing to bet that all 3-D programs can animate UVs. Also, I'm planning on making the tutorial in Flash, so unless you have the latest version of Flash Player (which I think is free to download), you might not be able to see it.
Well regardless E-Man you could either upload your tutorial to youtube or just provide it in an alternate format as well. There's a number of video converters floating around the net.