The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Unleashed Stage Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ripped from the wii version of the game, but the wii version is the same as the PSX/PS2 so please put these textures with the PSX/PS2 one. Just to make stuff easier for peeps navigating the site.

[Image: 55131212.png]

(This is the egg beetle stage, not the egg beetle by itself)

[Image: ccd.png]

[Image: drdd.png]

[Image: jjdv.png]

[Image: rrdj.png]

Sorry my rips are a bit messy and contain HUDs and other stuff that they shouldn't.

EDIT: Don't upload Jungle Joyride, Dragon Road or Spagonia - Just realised I'm missing a few texs.

I cleaned up and added the rest of textures for Dragon Road and converted to PNG but I noticed something... even though the .png files are smaller and the size of the folder is smaller, when compressed the file full of TGA's was smaller, by alot (.TGAs were 2-3 MBs, .PNGs were 6-7 MBs). Which is odd...
Excellent work, although it might annoy some people that some (if not all) of these are in pdn format. For future reference, please use a more universal format such as png. also, I don't know if you know it or not, but you're missing holoska, and I believe in the wii version, eggmanland's day stages are just called eggmanland, not crimson carnival. I could be mistaken, though.
(12-16-2010, 11:20 AM)booscaster Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent work, although it might annoy some people that some (if not all) of these are in pdn format. For future reference, please use a more universal format such as png. also, I don't know if you know it or not, but you're missing holoska, and I believe in the wii version, eggmanland's day stages are just called eggmanland, not crimson carnival. I could be mistaken, though.

They are in TGA format. Most programs support .tga, its a universal texture format. Its used in many games, too.

I haven't get around to ripping Holoska yet, and the level is called Crimson Carnival.
I want to apologize if I came off as rude. I should have done research before I started pointing fingers. And the format thing was just laziness on my part. I really should set my computer to show file extentions. Again, sorry if I sounded like a jerk. Great work!
(12-21-2010, 09:46 PM)booscaster Wrote: [ -> ]I want to apologize if I came off as rude. I should have done research before I started pointing fingers. And the format thing was just laziness on my part. I really should set my computer to show file extentions. Again, sorry if I sounded like a jerk. Great work!

It's okay. I'd convert them to .png and re-upload them, but the filesize is substantially bigger, for some unknown reason. These are kinda messy, my fault. I've ripped every level from SATSR and two from SATBK, and I tidied those up (Ripping from SATBK is hard - It uses a really weird framebuffer that dumps 3+ texs per frame. In the end a usual dump ends up with OVER 9000 texs! In fact, that lava level had over 64,000 texs when I stopped dumping. SR:ZG has a framebuffer too.).
Just a heads up, there's tools that can rip all the textures in Unleashed Wii/Secret Rings/Black knight without dealing with Dolphins texture dumper, and it would keep the actual filenames intact as well while only taking you 5 minutes for each game.

Here's an example from Unleashed Wii extracted correctly. Also I'm not trying to be rude, but really these rips are just bad and missing random textures, just do it the easier and better way.

Use this.
Just one thing: we don't accept TGA files, only PNG. I'm just in the process of download everything and converting, but just because they're already published on the site. Next time they're going to be refused, ok?
There's the submissions guidelines for further reference.