The VG Resource

Full Version: Zerox's Zelda 64 Rips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Alright as I am posting rips from two games now I'm going to use the first post to organize them based on which game they come from.

[Image: lozoot.png]

[Image: younglink_icon.png][Image: princessrutoyoung_icon.png][Image: kingzora_icon.png][Image: goron_icon.png] [Image: darunia_icon.png] [Image: tektitered_icon.png][Image: queengohma_icon.png][Image: ganondorfpast_icon.png][Image: ganondorfssteed_icon.png][Image: nabooru_icon.png][Image: greatfairy_icon.png]

[Image: LOZMajorasMask.png]

[Image: linkdeku_icon.png][Image: linkgoron_icon.png][Image: linkzora_icon.png][Image: pipesofawakening_icon.png][Image: drumsofsleep_icon.png][Image: guitarofwaves_icon.png]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
=======================ORIGINAL POST=======================
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after Alec Pike started posting his Ocarina of Time rips it motivated me to finally start ripping from it even though I never fully ripped and fixed a model in the past from the game. But a year or so later here I am now that I've learned a lot more and I'm much more capable of ripping models from this game now. So to start out I've ripped and fixed Darunia for you.

[Image: lozoot.png]

[Image: darunia.png]

[Image: darunia_icon.png]

Darunia's textures haven't been resized at all and they all fit quite nicely in a 256x256 texture, I've recreated the proper mapping to the best of my ability.
Man between you and alecpike, you'll probably have every major character for this game ripped within the month. I can't wait to see more.
Excellent work, Zerox! I can hardly wait to see what other models you're going to rip from the game besides Young Link and Young Ruto!
So I was thinking about it, I noticed I ripped Darunia when he was smiling when he typically wears an almost frown like expression on his face, I got the texture with the frown now would you guys like me to update it?
why not include it as a secondary rip? So i bet once your guys have ripped every model, rock, cloud, twig and secret leaf out of thsi game are you guys going to rip stuff out of Majora's Mask as well?
I've already ripped some Majora's Mask models, and I intend to get more, but currently I'm working on OoT first.
Nice job!
Oh wow you got Ganondorf, that's awesome! But yeah on Darunia, I'd say just put the texture in with everything else and reupload it as an update to the current one.
Holy crap it's a mutuant goron!!

[Image: MutuantGoron.png]

Nah but really I've fixed up the goron for yall now. He was quite the thrill before my normal texture/uv map was done.

[Image: goron.png]

Also here's Darunia updated with his frowning texture included if you'd be so kinda as to update that for me. I see no reason to change the icon though.

[Image: goron_icon.png] [Image: darunia_icon.png] [Image: tektitered_icon.png]

I know I showed work in progress images of Ganondorf, Young Ruto, and Young Link but I had a few models on my list of ones I wanted to do so I'm getting them at least to the point where the textures are assigned like you see up there. But I've been finishing the ones with fewer textures first because it's less for me to combine. I'll get to them soon enough.

As of now I've nearly finished the Tektite, the Great Fairy, and King Zora aka Do Bon, as well. Just gotta merge those textures. I haven't started assigning textures yet but I've got my raw rips of Sheik and the Stalfos waiting in line too.

Edit: Well I decided I just couldn't go to bed without finishing the Tektite so here's the red one of that too. I was so excited this guys textures easily fit into a 64x64 texture! Big Grin

[Image: tektitered.png]

I'll do the blue one too as soon as I encounter one in-game.
To be honest, the mutant Goron really weirded me out.

Anyway, as for the Tektite he does look rather cute in this game! However, since the Blue Tektite is just a retexturing of a red one, wouldn't it make more sense to combine the rips into one submission instead of keep them separate?
Indeed the mutuant Goron would, that's just one extreme example of the horrors I'm faced with before I merge the textures.

As for the Tektites, in my opinion it makes more sense to have it a separate one because in-game they're different enemies located in different areas. In my KH2 Final Mix rips all of Sora's forms are just texture swaps with the exception of Anti-form, yet they all had separate submissions because they were representing different objects in the game. Besides I haven't ripped the Blue Tektite yet anyway so I can't add him just like that. Tongue

Anyway I finished Do Bon, aka King Zora!

[Image: kingzora.png]

[Image: kingzora_icon.png]

I'm not going to put him into a standing unanimated pose as he's always seen sitting like this in-game. But if someone wants me to I may do so.
Where in the game does it say his name is Do Bon?
I can't remember either, but that's the name he's given on the Zelda wiki page: http://www.zeldawiki.org/King_Zora_%28Oc...of_Time%29
While I can't say that its 100% reputable, I highly doubt they'd get something like that wrong.

@Zerox Great work with those, I'll get 'em up asap.

@E-Man Yes, you do come across stuff like that from time to time although usually not so bad. One particular abomination I've seen is this:
[Image: exampley.png]

Its Sonic! See the resemblance? I hardly do either.
(12-15-2010, 12:46 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]Where in the game does it say his name is Do Bon?

I don't believe it does but according to a lead designer in the Zelda games his name is Do Bon: http://www.thehylia.com/index.php?subact...m=&ucat=19&

I just grew curious what his name was and dug around a bit. =P

(12-15-2010, 03:20 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]I can't remember either, but that's the name he's given on the Zelda wiki page: http://www.zeldawiki.org/King_Zora_%28Oc...of_Time%29
While I can't say that its 100% reputable, I highly doubt they'd get something like that wrong.

@Zerox Great work with those, I'll get 'em up asap.

@E-Man Yes, you do come across stuff like that from time to time although usually not so bad. One particular abomination I've seen is this:
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8472/exampley.png

Its Sonic! See the resemblance? I hardly do either.

Thanks for putting them up Shadowth I'll get more soon enough but I'm going out of town this weekend so their will be a brief intermission. =P

I could tell it was Sonic but just barely, ah well it's the challenge of certain models that can make ripping them more fun even if you don't do them in as large amounts.
I could also tell it was sonic by the color scheme....but it looked more like a bird. does King Zora have a young and old model?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6