The VG Resource

Full Version: PlayStation 2 ripping?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, I know. Reverse asks for something.

Uh...I never understood how that one guy ripped from Mushihime-sama, since whenever I try to run it in Pcsx2 it has to use weird graphical effects to look right and crap. So, I'm guessing there's some kind of graphics viewer or something, right? Can you open Pcsx2 savestates in PSX VRAM or something, or is it a lot harder than that? Please tell me Cry

By the way, in case you're wondering, I want to rip from Ibara. I heard on SHMUPS! somewhere that there's some kind of thing you can use to extract all the graphic data but I couldn't find more info and wanted other PS2 games anyway.

So yeah.

I've also ripped a couple of PS2 art galleries, you can find them in my Majhost account if you want some kind of...uh...indication as to what I want. Or something.
I can hardly say you'll have luck trying to rip graphic data through PS2 methods. I mean there might be uncompressed graphics data in savestates, but more than likely it won't be uncompressed and if it was you'd have far more to sort through than any PS1 game. Methods such as using 3D Ripper DX as a texture logger for everything that comes up fail too since the textures don't seem to come out right regardless of your plugin unless I'm forgetting about something.

However, you can extract the textures from the average PS2 game if you can find them. They're usually packed inside a big archive or something, but generally PS2 graphic data is stored in .tm2 or .tim format. The best program I know of to convert those formats is this one: http://oasis.xentax.com/index.php?content=downloads

Can't help you much with extracting the .tm2/.tim textures from the archives in the first place, but if you can do that you should be able to convert them easy enough.
Okay, I realize this is a blatant necropost, but I heard somewhere on SHMUPS! that there's an ISO extractor for Ibara's PS2 port that could view the sprites contained in the game. While SHMUPS! these days isn't exactly the most trustworthy source of gaming news ever, it's fairly legitimate and furthermore the claim came from a member who I know is not one to fuck around. Does anyone know what the hell he's talking about, and if so, where can I get this thing?

Oh, and it'd also be interesting if someone could figure out how to rip from Metal Slug 6 for the PS2. Or even Metal Slug 3. I hear it's not kiddie business of course, but can't it be any more difficult than using a PSP with custom firmware, can it? I mean, it's the only thing up to now I HAVEN'T been able to completely access the sprite data of. And I will actually post what I get if I can get it! Seriously!