The VG Resource

Full Version: alec's models
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
I want to start uploading models that i extracted i don't know quite how i will get them on this site though
Mediafire maybe?
i'll try google docs

here is a saria model i ripped
That doesn't count as a host since I have to register to see it. Seriously, use mediafire.com, megaupload.com, rapidshare.com, or something with a download that doesn't require you to have an account on the site already. I honestly can't see why you could have an issue uploading to any of those.
(12-05-2010, 10:36 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]That doesn't count as a host since I have to register to see it. Seriously, use mediafire.com, megaupload.com, rapidshare.com, or something with a download that doesn't require you to have an account on the site already. I honestly can't see why you could have an issue uploading to any of those.

o.k. i will upload some models tomorrow
Wow you did a FANTASTIC job ripping Saria! Great job with the combined UV as well. I fixed two issues one with the belt and one with the hair.
And to help you out so it can get added to the site I decided I'd upload it on media fire for you. But not just that I went ahead and restored it to an unanimated pose!

[Image: saria_icon.png]

Why the way you word your posts it appears you have more OoT models for us and I must say I'm waiting with baited breath! I ripped some back in the day but I don't think I have my original rips anymore. I'd be happy to fix them to unanimated poses for you too!

I don't know who you plan on getting but I personally would love to see Young and Adult Ruto, and especially Ganondorf! I'd love to do a retexture perhaps on him. I loved how he looked in this game.
When I first met you, alecpike, I thought that you would be another one of those users who would just ask question in the wrong sections. However, once you finally showed us your Saria model, I now see a full world of potential within you that I can fully respect! Keep up the good work and make this site proud!
Huh well cool, thanks for fixing up and reuploading Zerox.

I'd REALLY like to get this up, but I'd really, really much rather if you got the textures at normal size. If its not possible to use the originals on the model directly since I see you've combined them, I at least ask that you put the originals in a folder or something within the .zip so the rip is more complete. You don't have too, but it'd be more of a complete rip that way. I'll upload as it is now, but if you can give me an updated version I'll update the one on the site asap.
What do you mean you'd prefer it more complete? It's the original textures only he's combined the UV maps to 1 which is INCREDIBLY helpful with a great many 3D programs/engines. What he did was help people not make it worse. You may not have noticed but some of my KH rips are the same way. XD

Edit: Besides while it's possible to seperate the UV maps back to individual textures again with separate material layers and the like, it just means more work for the person importing the model into whatever they're importing them into because a lot of programs don't properly import what texture should be used with what group, and then you have to redo them by hand making it all that more tedious.

Besides his rip is in 1 geoset/mesh piece and he'd have to break it up to use separate textures. He's done a service not the opposite.

Edit 2: After looking at it I guess he upped the resolution of the texture to prevent pixelated textures. But it's easily resizeable to 256x256 and it still looks good see?

[Image: SariaByZerox.png]

And I guess that would make them not the original texture because he upped the quality by scaling and blurring well which I personally prefer, heck there are whole modding projects devoted to OoT Roms to increase the texture resolution and detail. Though having the original textures there untouched could be nice as well I guess as they're the original and that was what you were saying is that it'd be the original material without edits.

But still to be used on the model they'd have to re-separated the model into separate pieces and then adjust the UV map accordingly or they'd have to arrange the original resolution textures to match his current all in one UV map.
But... but I said that Zerox. Quoting myself
Quote:If its not possible to use the originals on the model directly since I see you've combined them, I at least ask that you put the originals in a folder or something within the .zip so the rip is more complete.

I mean I still uploaded it like I said. Its just I'd prefer he kept the original textures ALONGSIDE the new one. I'd also prefer he downsized it a bit honestly since its unnecessarily large, but I'm not really bothered too much by it.

But like you said yourself up-sizing the textures adds blur and stretching to the original images. Seeing as this is an archive site of sorts, its preferred we don't have that, but as I said somewhere in the submission rules I will take texture less models so I can accept this too. However with the originals you have the advantage of either rendering with a filter to recreate the blurring and such OR you can have the more pixelated textures that some prefer. Obviously with the originals there's no reason you can't resize them yourself later either.

Personally, I like the smoothed style better since it not only looked like that when I played the game because the N64 did it naturally, but I don't want to have the source textures look like that for the same reason TSR doesn't accept resized sprites.
I see your reasoning. Well I personally was glad to see his rip this way. But admittedly the original with original textures could be useful too.

Alec, why don't you upload both versions when you upload your rips? Then peHaople could get what they want. That is if you have them still that is. =P
here are 2 of my older files
redead
malon

here is adult ruto for zerox, i added the textures into this
ruto
great job on Saria, Alec it came out perfect when I converted it. You would'nt by chance have ripped Epona have you? I've never played Ocarina of Time and I have a custom Epona model I found and was hopeing to make it more accurate with Epona's actual textures.
valforwing how on earth have you never played it? That just amazes me beyond all comprehension.

Thank you so much Alec Pike! Somehow the earing texture was broken and so I just went and recreated it from a head on screenshot considering it was just a single triangular plane anyway that made them. Looks fantastic I'll fix her up into an unanimated pose too!

Your Malon rip is fantastic too! I never noticed that her broach is really a hidden Bowser! That's so cool!
And looking at the redead shedded light on how much the model changed between OoT and Majora's Mask. I was surprised. I did a little fixing on his texture mostly on the chest area as there shouldn't be that gap there but it's a fantastic rip!

I hope you have more for us down the road!
i forgot to mention the earings when posting it, i think it has to do with the emulator, i'm pretty sure that talon also has the same broach as malon.
i might have submitted princess ruto as a bunch of seperate planes, i got to fix that, i think i will re-submit it later, i also wanted to add a "readme" file, telling to give me credit
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18