The VG Resource

Full Version: SOL: THE GAME
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
*inspired by this*

STORY:

The mission: Be as green as possible

Should you succeed, your greenness shall live on forever as a green beacon of green for the greenly who are green enougreen green grrreeeeeeennn GREEEENNNNNNNNNN

OVERVIEW:

It will be a simple, Gameboy-styled game starring Sol and other people from tSR.

Sol, the greenest member on tSR, gets fed up of all the colorful characters and thus goes on a green rampage, painting everything and everyone green with his giant brush. He can do combos and use moves to avoid getting caught by the members.

GAMEPLAY:

You control Sol in a random-generated auto-sidescrolling level that never ends, thus making this game into a endurance-type of game. You can walk, jump, crouch and attack with the brush.

Enemies randomly spawn on the level, trying to get Sol. Having contact with him will cause Sol to lose a heart, and losing all of them will end the game. Sol can paint them green, making them harmless and gaining points for that.

The paint attack drains the paint bar out. If it depletes to 0, Sol can't paint any enemies, rendering him very vulnerable. You can replenish it by grabbing paint buckets, also spawned randomly on the course.

It is also noted that the game gets harder as the time passes (less buckets, more enemies, spaced platforms).

SPRITES:

[Image: solthegame.png]

That is all.
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

I fucking love you Gorsal Heart
all right i'm in the game
Okay, I laughed at the 1up sprites
>i'm not in it

awful game
Also no Chris2balls. Paaaass.

(Pssst... it actually looks awesome..)
*whistling harmlessly again*

... just gonna be off programming this somewhere ...

EDIT: For some reason, the design document I'm writing is turning into a slightly different game...
It happens. You get used to it. Tongue
I should be in this. I'm green.
You are in there. As an enemy.
There should also be not-green paint buckets which will drain your paint of life.
And suns instead of hearts as energy symbols.
(12-01-2010, 03:30 AM)John Hale Wrote: [ -> ]You are in there. As an enemy.

Oh yeah, I didn't see my electric tail so I didn't recognize myself...Shy
[Image: solthegame.png]

update
why am i so short >: (

looking awesome!
That looks like me between Gorsal and Devicho ( ? ), but I dunno.
BTW I love this ^^
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17