The VG Resource

Full Version: Sonic Shuffle!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
*.NJ are annoying Little Bastards huh?

I'll Submit Void For now, I'll Edit my Post here when i get more Big Grin

Icons 8D
[Image: tmrsonicshuffle.png]
[Image: tmrvoidingame.png]

Link to Void
http://www.mediafire.com/?4h728ii4qtwad1a
How about that? It seems like this part of the site is getting a lot of fresh, new ripping talents every week!

Anyway, you did a good job ripping Void, Lugana Rysniq! I can't wait to see what else you have on store for us!
I haven't done too much with them personally, but generally Sega 3d model files are pretty annoying to deal with. But yeah, nice job with that.
Im a Huge Sonic sir so Expect that Much from Me xD

Im trying to Figure out if SA1 and 2 use the ninja Format >:[/u]
They don't, though IIRC SA uses an earlier version of it and SA2 uses a newer version of it and because of that neither of them can be converted through .NJ tools.
Poo >:V

Is there anything for NJ Converting other then ExMLDnet?

'Cause that's I've found to use for NJ

and it breaks on other Games Very Sad
I think there is, but I haven't looked in a while so I wouldn't know where. I do know that ExMLDnet was meant to have support for SA2, but the author lost the source through a HDD failure or something and so never actually implemented it.
(11-29-2010, 07:24 PM)Techokami Wrote: [ -> ]Then allow me to submit a bunch of other models from the same game that I had ripped over a year ago.

Aw hell yeah, thanks man. I guess I've got some icons to make huh?
(11-29-2010, 07:53 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2010, 07:24 PM)Techokami Wrote: [ -> ]Then allow me to submit a bunch of other models from the same game that I had ripped over a year ago.

Aw hell yeah, thanks man. I guess I've got some icons to make huh?

Definately ;D
the void model is really interesting, it has that black outline thingy...is it cell shadeing?
Yeah, all of the Sonic shuffle characters have it. Its not cell shading itself, but it IS the outline often used with it. The cell shading can be easily replicated though if you ever wanted the model to have it.
Yeah, it's how Hudson Soft managed to emulate a cell shade effect. It can lead to some really... quirky rendering.
Can anyone paste the .nj files? I read that SANiK said the format used by Sonic Shuffle is a similar format to the SA2 format rather than the SA1 format even though the models are essentially the same. It's a strange concept, but if you guys used ExMLDnet to convert these (I'm assuming you did) then I think this can help with what I'm trying to do. Also:
(11-29-2010, 06:44 PM)Shadowth117 Wrote: [ -> ]I think there is, but I haven't looked in a while so I wouldn't know where. I do know that ExMLDnet was meant to have support for SA2, but the author lost the source through a HDD failure or something and so never actually implemented it.
There's three tools for ripping SA2 models, all of which don't work very well. They don't rip everything, and the levels tend to lag like crazy from SA2 rips. Least for me anyway (6 gigs of ram btw) Also, it was MLDnet that was destroyed. ExMLDnet is missing support for some .njcm libraries (PSO, Sonic Shuffle, SA2, etc). As quoted from Kryslin's site. http://kryslin.silvite.com/todo.html Note the last update being 2008. I tried to contact him recently and got nothing. Also, after reading his notes, it seems the PSO models and presumably the Sonic Shuffle models have some sort of header to them where the SA2 models don't. This might by the only thing preventing SA2 models from being ripped from ExMLDnet. I honestly don't know.
I don't have the game, but if I recall the textures and models were stored uncompressed in archive files in the ISO. Here's a site that hosts the ISO if you want it: http://www.emuparadise.org/Sega_Dreamcas...g-With-S/1

As for the different NJ formats, I think SANiK had notes on a few different versions of the model format on Sonic-Cult/X-Cult at one point if that helps, but from what I remember I'm pretty sure that the SA2 version of the format had a number of differences. I could be completely wrong though, its been years since I've really looked into that stuff. I wish you good luck with finding a way to convert the SA2 variant of the .NJ files, but I can't personally help too much with that.

Regardless though, I'm afraid I have to warn you for posting in a topic that's a few months old now. Next time just make a topic in the Model Discussion forum rather than bumping an old thread.
Pages: 1 2