The VG Resource

Full Version: My debut project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, sjs00 here, I just now realized how easy it is to rip music from GBA games. Well, have any of you heard of visualboy advance? Its a gameboy emulator, and supports every gameboy rom I've come across (Shaman king, Yellow version, Gundam Battle Assualt) and it even has a built in audio recorder that converts any segment of audio played in the game into a simple WAV file. I was thinking of using this technique to rip any needed music from any game you can find a rom of.
(if talk of roms isn't allowed here and I missed that rule in the rules section, delete and ban as neccesary, its my bad.)
Not to burst your bubble, but this technique is fairly well known and is used a lot for these types of things. The only reason you don't see more GBA SFX rips is because it gets very tedious recording each sound effect as well as making sure you don't end up recording background music with it.

Its also general policy here to have at least something you yourself have ripped for the project posted so that people know you'll work on the project too rather than just giving people a suggestion to rip something. If you're willing to do that than it will be a lot easier to convince people to help you. Adding perhaps a list of SFX from a particular game that need to be ripped could help too.

Finally, ROM talk is allowed here to an extent and you can post links to ROM sites if you like, but use your own discretion for much you want to talk about them.
Ah, I get it. Its cool that that technique is known, in fact I'd hoped you guys already knew it. And about posting something, I was trying but couldn't get the attachment to work. But I'll work on ripping this stuff, I think its really cool. Thanks for getting back to me so fast, I'll work on getting a large amount of rips then post them all at once (I'm starting with Gundam Seed Battle Assault) and if no one uses them at least for the sake of contributing to the audio database.
You may want to try just uploading your stuff to a file hosting site like here: http://www.mediafire.com/

But yeah, good luck with your rips.