The VG Resource

Full Version: FF7 Custom Models (Aerith & Tifa)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay so... You guys saw my project thread earlier with these models. Well I never did finish putting Aerith into FF7 PC and I doubt I ever will. But none the less here's the models I had made for that purpose. I don't intend on doing ay other characters from FF7 at the moment but you never know.

[Image: tifaff7_icon.png][Image: aerithff7_icon.png]
I was hoping you would decide to post these up eventually. If you ever do decide to end up doing more of these it would be great to see them.
Well I'll let you know if I make more. For now this is it though. Thanks for adding them to the site.
(11-27-2010, 03:39 AM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]Well I'll let you know if I make more. For now this is it though. Thanks for adding them to the site.

Quick question for you? I download the Aerith model you posted...How do I convert this into an .lgp file?
You spend aproximately 8-12 hours seperating it into chunks, patching the holes that result from that, then you export each piece to a 3ds file individually and then you convert those to .p files. At this point you'll need to reposition them in Kimera so they fit correctly, oh and you'll need to make the texture into a 256-bmp.

The point I'm reaching is that it's not as simple as running it through some converter or importing it. It takes hours of work and is something that if you don't have the time, patience, and experience working with 3D models before you probably won't be able to do. There are tutorials, it's been several months since I did any FF7 PC models.
(12-11-2010, 04:41 PM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]You spend aproximately 8-12 hours seperating it into chunks, patching the holes that result from that, then you export each piece to a 3ds file individually and then you convert those to .p files. At this point you'll need to reposition them in Kimera so they fit correctly, oh and you'll need to make the texture into a 256-bmp.

The point I'm reaching is that it's not as simple as running it through some converter or importing it. It takes hours of work and is something that if you don't have the time, patience, and experience working with 3D models before you probably won't be able to do. There are tutorials, it's been several months since I did any FF7 PC models.

I appreciate you not flaming me for being a newbie. I guess i'll look more into what you told me. Thanks for the info. Btw I used your Tifa from a different sight...Great job!
Your very welcome, have a look at this site: http://ff7modhd.yolasite.com/tutorials.php

I just found the link again and that's the site that had all the necessary tools and proper tutorials I needed to learn how to make my Tifa model work in FF7. I'm glad Tifa worked for you. Enjoy. Good luck with your quest to put my Aerith into FF7 PC if you succeed I'd love to see.
Are you going to make Nanaki anytime soon?
(11-27-2010, 03:39 AM)Zerox Wrote: [ -> ]I'll let you know if I make more. For now this is it though.

Same as before I don't have any current intention to make more.
alright thanks anyway, I did find a ripped model of Nanaki on Warcraft Unlimited, unfortunatly the model was a Milkshape and I could'nt convert him properly....his body came out contorted and twisted like toy that had been been tossed in the garbage disposal, I was hopeing that if it had converted properly it would be some help if you ever did want to make such a model.
Cool i want that aeris and tifa in ffvii but its in obj and mtl (i think) do you have one already built up for ffvii in battle.lgp? sorry for bothering you and necroposting i realllly want this!Big Grin