The VG Resource

Full Version: Blue-Eyes White Dragon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys I got a bit of custom work for ya'll here. My friend Nick, who goes by fetters_admin over at Warcraft Unlimited made a great model of Blue Eyes White Dragon. Though he didn't texture or UV map it and asked me for help. So I went ahead and spent 4-5 hours mapping it to Metaldodomon's Blue-Eyes White Dragon texture he ripped from Yugioh: The Falsebound Kingdom.

Now the UV map may not be perfect in some areas but I personally believe it to look really nice. So now I've come to share it with you guys so you can enjoy it too.

[Image: BlueEyesWhiteDragonZerox.png]

So here's the model:

[Image: blueeyeswhitedragon_icon.png]
Hey! That was my favorite monster in all of Yu-Gi-Oh! Once again, Zerox, your skills cease to amaze all of us (even though all you did was texture it).

Are you going to make another custom?
This is an excellent model Zerox. Mapping and lighting are very well done. This Blue-Eyes actually looks somewhat intimidating.
(11-26-2010, 09:51 PM)E-Man Wrote: [ -> ]Hey! That was my favorite monster in all of Yu-Gi-Oh! Once again, Zerox, your skills cease to amaze all of us (even though all you did was texture it).

Are you going to make another custom?

Well I didn't make the texture persay, what I did was apply the faces of the model to the texture. Otherwise it would just appear as a solid blue object like the arms did in one of my WIP shots:

[Image: blueeyeswip1.png]

So I guess you could call it texturing, I just didn't make the texture in photoshop or anything like that I guess is what I'm saying. I suppose it depends on what you mean by customs. XD I started UV mapping a model of Buzz Lightyear from KH2 Final Mix as the model was unifinished and had no texture so I actually was doing the textuer for him too but I didn't ever finish it.

Though I'm about to post my FF7 Models I made/compiled.

(11-26-2010, 10:54 PM)CeeY Wrote: [ -> ]This is an excellent model Zerox. Mapping and lighting are very well done. This Blue-Eyes actually looks somewhat intimidating.

Well thank you. I'm glad you like it. I'm especially glad you made the comment on the mapping as that's what I did here. Cute Granted my friend Nick contributed to this a lot as well. That's why he's mentioned in the credits of the readme too. Tongue
Good stuff dude, I was definitely a huge fan of the series when I was younger. I can't say I'd still enjoy the anime as much now, but the card game isn't bad to play once in a while though I only play it through video games nowadays.

Edit: The model overall could've used either less polygons in the head or more all around the body to even it out a bit, but it still looks pretty good if somewhat unrefined in some areas. The texture I understand wasn't custom so I can't really say too much on it, but a higher quality one may have fit nicer. UV mapping looks fine though.
Indeed the model wasn't necessarily made with those who are conservative on polygons in mind. I actually did do a lower poly one one at 3,300 polys instead of the 9000 this one has. But it doesn't look quite as nice as this one.
you say this is custom? kudos to the maker. I thought this was ripped from Forbidden Memories
I've got a BEWD toy and the model and the toy seem pretty much consistant. although the toy has sharp armor protruding from the knees and the dragon's wings don't have individual bone extentions...but then again BEWD looks a little different in the comics, games and cards I'm probably just looking at the wrong version.
Well, if you're going to customizing this, may i suggest some nice bump maps..?
I'll be honest I know nothing about bump maps as none of the programs I use the models in utilize them at all.
Blender does, though creating decent normal maps (The blueish bumpmap textures) can be a pain if you don't know what you're doing. Its not the easiest thing in the world.
Is a great model! Wink
You can say me how extract the model of the game please? Cute
Is that I want to extract the baby dragon, in any case you could extract you?
... You do realize that not only is this in the custom and edited section, but its ALSO been about 3 months since someone has posted here, right? I would have thought the necropost warning was enough. Obviously not, so I'll do it myself.
In that case, sorry, I wrote so fast that I did not see the date of the post ...
I love the Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Great job on the model. Smile
I saw that you had some FF7 models to post and got very excited.
Nice job on the model!
Pages: 1 2