The VG Resource

Full Version: Ducktales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: Ducktalesgbgry.png]

I know it's a convoluted mess, but I'll sort and reorganize it soon. This is very much a W.I.P. for now.

I've only seen sprites of the NES version, so I thought the GB one should have it's share of the limelight.

Also, OMG I'm so sorry about the puke green. Sick Even though old Gameboy's had this, this wasn't a design choice on my part, it was the emulator I was ripping it from. I will change it to the standard black/white/greys (unless you guys like the puke green). Personally, I like the standard.

And don't tell me to change emulators. I don't wanna. Angry

Also, just to show that it's not some gray-scaled (green-scaled) recolor, I added the NES sprite of Scrooge. This won't be in the final sheet(s), I just wanted to clear it up for everyone. Big Grin

EDIT: Gameboy is difficult to rip with a tileviewer (because of the limited color palette), so most of it is done the old fashioned way. Added more of Scrooge's frames as well as other things, like changing the palette back to white/gray/black.

Looking good!
Updated my first post. Also:

[Image: 1qw211-1.png]

Scrooge is pretty much done, all I have to do is sort him out of that mess I got in the first post. I can make the sub categories, but if anyone else wants to take a crack at that, feel free. Cute

The sub categories will pretty much match that of the NES's counterpart, unless anyone has any suggestions otherwise.

The only thing I think you should fix is the background of the sheet. I don't think the background color should be the same color the sprites themselves use. People could mistake the background color for the sprite's.
(11-24-2010, 10:35 PM)A.J. Nitro Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing I think you should fix is the background of the sheet. I don't think the background color should be the same color the sprites themselves use. People could mistake the background color for the sprite's.

Ah, thank you. I'll get on that. Cute Extracting these from a tile/OAM viewer is difficult, as is the copy pasta method, mainly because of the gameboy's limited color palette--the sprites themselves tend to blend into the background either way (Especially the moon level, black background on black sprite outlines... gah!).

How about this, with the white being the bg for the sheets? [Image: gbpalette.png]

I'll figure it out with a little technique and common sense, but it'll probably be after turkey day. Big Grin

Also, could you make the section icon not zoomed in if possible? It's kind of a peeve of mine. Tongue
Great job so far! Can't wait til the finished product!
You know, if you go to Options, Gameboy, and then Color on Visualboy, you can change the background color to make ripping easier. So that way, you won't have this kind of problem.
@ T2K:
Fixed and edited it in my previous post. (You're right, it looks much better!) Sorry about that. I assumed the zoomed sprites where the standard since I did see many that were also zoomed. I'll keep it in mind in the future to leave it in it's native rez (Even though the section icon is a little horizontally longer than the GB's screen, but we'll let that slide.) Wink

@A.J. Nitro:
You mean setting a custom color and not just selecting "Gameboy color", right?
[Image: custom.png]
Thank you so much. I think I'll stick with custom now. xD By just selecting Gameboy's color instead of Real color, I only got a darker palette of the real colors (which still blend with backgrounds). Using custom helps me out greatly when trying to distinguish the sprite from the backgournd. Cute
Well it would probably be better if the background color was different rather than making his black go to red.
Yeah that could save an extra step... But either way, it's waaaay easier now from the way you suggested than what I was doing. I'm always trying stuff the hard way. XD Thanks again. Big Grin