The VG Resource

Full Version: Dabbling in animation a bit...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
M'kay, well the first three times I ever did animation (like three years ago) were basically minor movements to Pokemon fusions/recolors... Yeah. >>;

Decided I wanted to try it again, or at least, try messing around with making frames, since I don't actually have an animation program (I can access Fireworks off my school's sever, but it only lets me save to my school network folder, not my computer. So I -have- seen it animated, but can't upload it or anything until I actually go back to school and grab the file.)

Still very simple animation--I wanted to start small.
[Image: Nyasu.png]
Oh yeah, and it's not a fakemon; its design came about from a Meowth sketch that I modified to be my 'mascot' or reference, so to speak.

I'd ask someone to animate it for me, but the way in which I planned it to look involved a lot of frame repetition in a specific order: http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/9752/...rksjx8.png
Looks pretty cool.

If you call each image 1 to 9 (first being 1 last being 9) you could give the order for example: 1, 3, 1, 3, 2, 5, 9 etc.
Goemar Wrote:Looks pretty cool.

If you call each image 1 to 9 (first being 1 last being 9) you could give the order for example: 1, 3, 1, 3, 2, 5, 9 etc.
Lesse, the full order in the final version went: 1, 2, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 3, 1, 4, 1, 4, 1, 2, 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 7, 9, 1 (With some of them duplicated to fill in space and not having him do everything at superspeed.) It took up about 6 seconds.

So, it blinks, stands up a few times, twitches its ear twice and blinks, reaches out, smiles, ear twitch, then pulls its arm back.
Somehow like this?
[Image: clawednyasuanifi1.gif]

The "standing up" may be etter with some more movement of the legs and not the feet only. Like lifting the knees a bit or the like.
The tail like it's on frame 1 looks a bit cracky at the right, as well as a bit too thin (same part).
Yeah I think the tail movement needs work, the bottom half it doesn't move making the tail movement look odd.
Thanks for animating it, BanefulKid.

I've edited the tail and altered the legs slightly in frame 3. And I also fixed a little error with part of his left forepaw having been cut off in frame 8.
It's actually kinda interesting - the animation does just seem like a load of seperate animations mixed together for an exmaple, but yeah, it's pretty cool.
[Image: clawednyasuaniuc1.gif] *rawr*
Ah, cool. (:

Except...damn it...somehow I screwed up the fur on frames 2 and 4 (it sort of 'jumps' there for a bit.). >< *Goes off to fix.*