The VG Resource

Full Version: Most awe inspiring thing you've seen in games?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Ever seen a scene that made you go Surprise with awe?
Awe can be caused by beauty, fear, sorrow, amazement, etc.
Anything?
Everything about Shadow of the Colossus
Inside the Moon. With the fucking tree and the kids. dkfsdfjfd. Still one of my favorite moments in gaming.

(Majora's Mask, btw)
Also, the entirety of Vanquish's gameplay
the fight against ocelot in mgs4
When I finally beat Lance (and the rest of the Elite Four) with my level 79 Charizard only to find out that Blue was the Champion

Oh yeah and absolutely everything from Mother 3
I think only a few cutscenes have ever made me say "holy shit."

Except for when I watched the 2010 E3 gameplay for Deadspace 2. Though I was saying "holy shit" more because it was kinda funny, but it would've been super scary if I were actually playing.
I need to play more awe inspiring games, mole mania when saving your family, and plenty of pokemon ones.
I doubt many people here have seen this one, but I loved this particular cutscene from Halo Wars:

Not only was the CG done to what could easily be called cinematic quality in that game for every cutscene, but this one stands out as particularly epic to me just because of how well it plays out in general. Honestly, I really wouldn't mind seeing the team that did the cutscenes for the game make a whole movie.
shenmue.

as a whole.
Jehuty vs Anubis
(Z.O.E 2)
The scene in Ico where he jumps across the bridge and Yorda tries to pull him up.

Also this

(11-08-2010, 09:07 PM)Alpha Six Wrote: [ -> ]Inside the Moon. With the fucking tree and the kids. dkfsdfjfd. Still one of my favorite moments in gaming.

I liked the cutscene from Final Fantasy IX where they were being chased by Black Waltz No. 3.

When I first pressed the Boost button in F-Zero GX

OH GOOOOOOOOOOD SO FAST
Fight with Vile/Zero's Death from Mega Man X
not going to lie, that scene is a tear-jerker
This was kinda cooler because it wasn't a scripted moment, it happened by accident

As part of a mission in GTA4 there's this huge shootout in the docks
when I got around to doing it, it was pitch black, slashing with rain
and Pruit Igoe was playing
aw yeah

You know what should've been awe-inspiring?
The Sacrifice
but it was kinda tame as I remember it
it was like "Yeah your friend's dead now, off you pop"
the comic made me tear up though :C
Pages: 1 2 3 4