The VG Resource

Full Version: Mario Galaxy 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Best 3D Mario game to date.
IMO.

Actually
Not trying to be a huge, foamingathtemouth fanboy or anything, but this is the first game i've played in about 7 years that I'm actually having genuine fun while playing. Everything just works.
The music is as vibrant as the colors, the graphics none too shabby.. nothing really to gripe on.
Maybe the difficulty.
The difficulty curb is..
Rigid. But it's still a awesome-as-hell game.

But that's my opinion.
'Shame they won't make a third.

PLUS
This,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKo4LWCzd...re=related
and
This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-i4eAqFNM...re=channel

came from it.
I know the first is a remix, but its
its awesome.
Well you're a bit late for discussion there =/

Also nothing can top Super Mario 64
absolutely nothing.
Yeah.. I am.
But I just played it so...
Sorry.

Actually, -pleasedonthurtmepleasedonthurtme- i've never really seen the God-status of 64.
I'm sure it was a revolutionary game, but in itself.. It just wasn't very fun to me. :/
(11-08-2010, 05:54 PM)Noise Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]Also nothing can top Super Mario 64
absolutely nothing.

where is the can't contain laughter smiley
(11-08-2010, 05:54 PM)Noise Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]Well you're a bit late for discussion there =/

absolutely nothing.

as much as i love sm64 its honestly the worst between it, sunshine and galaxy/2. :V
Lol.
That's cold.
(11-08-2010, 06:26 PM)JackMan Wrote: [ -> ]...
Lol.
That's cold.

Ugh.
Dammit.
Computer's all wonky.

This was intended at Afrodisiac.
(11-08-2010, 06:22 PM)Burn Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-08-2010, 05:54 PM)Noise Breaker Wrote: [ -> ]Well you're a bit late for discussion there =/

absolutely nothing.

as much as i love sm64 its honestly the worst between it, sunshine and galaxy/2. :V

64 was miles better than Sunshine, man :I
I really don't know but, I really preffer Mario Galaxy 1, it's very awesome then SMG2, The story, levels...
Boo Mushroom ONLY APPEARS 1 TIME OF SMG2!!!!
HOW POSSIBLE?!

Well, both are good
64 is an okay game, the soundtrack was great. Everything else was just decent.
... I didn't really like any of them as much as the classic Marios. I really dislike collection adventures, especially when its mandatory, and 3D Mario is no exception.

They're still all really great games.
Yeah. The collection part is annoying.

The only songs in 64 I liked was the ending theme and the final boss theme, with the organ.

Idc what you guys say, Bob-omb battlefield's song is friggin' annoying.
Sunshine > Galaxy 2 > Galaxy = 64

They should make a game with nothing but levels like the "secret" levels from Sunshine, and the fire/ice hybrid levels from the Galaxies.

Ice skating on lava = best thing ever.

Also, collect-a-thon platformers are practically the pinnacle of gaming. I don't know how people can't like that.
Well
In Galaxy 2 they really fixed that collection thing.
You only go back to a galaxy about twice, and that's if you want to get all the stars.
It's diverse, which I like.

64 got agonizingly boring, because you had to collect 523453 different stars on each course.
and the courses were small, so...
@XG66, I read the first part of that post and thanked it.

Read the second part, unthanked.

Really, I just don't like visiting the same areas over and over and over again, scouring every unknown place for something I missed. Call me weird; I like linearity.

I actually didn't even buy either Galaxy because I was afraid of the collecting. Similarly, I stopped playing Banjo Kazooie three levels in for the same reason. So yeah...
The thing that irks me about it is
In galaxy 2, it's so easy to find the secret stars, I find myself going back to the level to find the star I'd set out originally for.
Hm, maybe it's just me. I love playing through games, then being able to play through a second time, searching for every last secret and collectible.

I will admit some games go overboard sometimes though. See: Mario Sunshine, blue coins.
Pages: 1 2 3