The VG Resource

Full Version: Darkspine sonic and bomb sonic battle sprites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
i'm a little bit shy posting these. i only have the stance down at the moment.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/Ma...prites.png
Darkspine sonic-

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/Ma...esdemo.png
Bomb-

again thay are WIP's. so thay may not be good.
I don't get "Darkspine Sonic", what is it meant to be?
The bomb dude is cool though.
Goemar Wrote:I don't get "Darkspine Sonic", what is it meant to be?

Darkspine sonic is the transformation of sonic in sonic and the secret rings. (apparantly an unpopular game.) it's kind of the direction thay are going with Sonic unleashed (*spoilers?*werehog*spoilers?*)

and thank's for the complement on bomb. Smile
apologies for the double post. but a little update with bomb. i have his jump and landing.

i also changed his stance a tiny bit. he now moves one pixle back on the middle two.

[Image: bombsprites.png]
Um, in the future, can you have more sprites on the sheet before posting them? Seriously, having only three sprites for Darkspine Sonic seems very skimpy... At least can you have something uniquely yours on the sheet before you post it?
Miles07 Wrote:Um, in the future, can you have more sprites on the sheet before posting them? Seriously, having only three sprites for Darkspine Sonic seems very skimpy... At least can you have something uniquely yours on the sheet before you post it?

i sed it was a WIP. and i was just checking if i was on the right track. and what do you mean by "uniquely yours"
Meaning, well...
Yeah, there've been a lot of Darkspine Sonic sprites out there. So sprites compete to get theirs better recognized and preferred out of the rest. So, basically, you have to "sell" Dazz and RTB and the other Admins your sprite sheet. Like a business, you have to make the "employer" want you. Otherwise, there can be other employees to fill the place. YOU want to take that position, so similarly, you want your sprites to be accepted. And they'll never be accepted unless you can figure out some NEW sprite design or some NEW sprite animations for that character so that other people will only find it on your sheet and want your sheet for that pose, that style, or that animation.
It's all just impressing the Admins and your prospective sprite-users.
okay. i understand much better now. my main focus is bomb right now. so... i won't be doing much with DSS (DarkSpine Sonic) till i'm done with bomb.Tongue
Miles07 Wrote:Meaning, well...
Yeah, there've been a lot of Darkspine Sonic sprites out there. So sprites compete to get theirs better recognized and preferred out of the rest. So, basically, you have to "sell" Dazz and RTB and the other Admins your sprite sheet. Like a business, you have to make the "employer" want you. Otherwise, there can be other employees to fill the place. YOU want to take that position, so similarly, you want your sprites to be accepted. And they'll never be accepted unless you can figure out some NEW sprite design or some NEW sprite animations for that character so that other people will only find it on your sheet and want your sheet for that pose, that style, or that animation.
It's all just impressing the Admins and your prospective sprite-users.
you know, not everybody's goal here is to get their sprites on tSR.
Some people are actually enjoy spriting for the hell of it, and just want to improve their abilities.
update

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f41/Ma...ites-1.png

turning and walking added.

how am i doingQuestion

C+C please. Cute
Bomb dude's legs look a bit long compared to the Chaotix one.
And I know who DarkSpine dude is I just don't get it as in why its so shiny, and it's kind of hard to tell what it is.
I think Darkspine Sonic should be a little more purple and a little less dark. And Bomb's lower half needs some more shading.
While not bordering on pillow-shading, though...
And yes, he should be a bit more purple. There've been tons of "DSS" sheets where his base color is an already-dark blue, and not a semi-dark purple.

@ Zeph: yes, that's true too. Forgot about that aspect.
pillow-shading? i believe to be colored outline? or something like that? Blank

and again. i will be working on DSS after bomb is finished. Wink
but i will be taking this C+C and to help improve it.

anyway's. a tiny update. i added some shading to bomb. also shortened his leg's on some sprites. i don't want him to be too short. Tongue

[Image: bombsprites-2.png]
Erm... shading doesn't really seem to make a lot of sense on me for the lower half, the way you've done it at least. Needs to look rounder. And pillow shading is... how do I put this...

I googled pillow-shading, and this is the first image I came up with.
[Image: pillow.gif]
It gives the appearance that the light source is between the viewer and the object, which doesn't really appear to be an issue here. Just making sure you're informed on it.
Pages: 1 2 3