The VG Resource

Full Version: Final Fantasy IV DS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there! I was wondering about FFIVDS- Does anyone know how I would possibly go about ripping from it?
I also would like to about that beautiful cutscene in the beginning, ripping-wise. I wasn't sure if it was a pre-render or real time, or if it was possible on any level to rip from it. I was ecstatic about the creation of the models resource as well as the others, and need these for myself, but I will definitely submit the models if my work is successful.
Specifically, I am looking for Kain, just to let you know. I am going to (attempt to) make his armor w/ fiberglass/cardstock/pepakura if i'm successful in ripping him. Thank you very much!Smile
You could definitely rip from that game since you can emulate it. I don't think there's any special extractors for its models so you're going to have to use something like Desmume with its OpenGL renderer and 3D Via Printscreen to rip from it. Anything rendered should be okay to rip.

As for the opening cutscene being rippable, I'm sorry but I can't help but laugh at that. If the DS had the level of power needed to render that opening realtime than the PSP and most home consoles would have died a LONG time ago. That, and the rest of the game more than likely would have had that level of quality.
I can tell you that I was laughing at myself writing that, praying "Please oh Please let Nintendo have hidden all of the DS's graphic capabilities and forgotten to hide when they made the FFIII and FFIV openings!"
I still watch those almost every time I play the game.
</random>

Anyways, thank you very much for replying- I'm new to the model- ripping world. It's greatly appreciated.
On to reverse-retopology in Blender!
Smile

EDIT:

Well, I tried 3dviaprintscreen and desmume like you recommended, and I keep getting the error message:
ERROR LOADING 0 SLOT

Do you have any suggestions?
I made sure it was in OpenGL- always error loading 0 slot...
Oh, you need to change your 3dviaprintscreen hotkey to something but F1 to F10 if using desmume since those are the quickload keys for the save states.
(11-06-2010, 11:06 AM)xdonthave1xx Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you need to change your 3dviaprintscreen hotkey to something but F1 to F10 if using desmume since those are the quickload keys for the save states.

Thank you soooo much! I'll try that as soon as I can. I feel so stupid right now...

EDIT:
Well, now nothing happens. at all. i have my hotkey as num 5 and nothing happens.
(11-06-2010, 06:53 PM)tobigoodboy621 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-06-2010, 11:06 AM)xdonthave1xx Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, you need to change your 3dviaprintscreen hotkey to something but F1 to F10 if using desmume since those are the quickload keys for the save states.

Thank you soooo much! I'll try that as soon as I can. I feel so stupid right now...

EDIT:
Well, now nothing happens. at all. i have my hotkey as num 5 and nothing happens.

Are you sure? If you haven't already, make sure to check the folder it stores your captures in.
Are you using Windows Vista? I tried it earlier today, and it didn't work either (also checked my folder captures are supposed to be stored in).
I dunno then dude. I do use Vista, but I don't usually have problems with that. If you're sure that you have your renderer for Desmume set to Open GL than I really don't know why it wouldn't work.
I don't have a clue, either. I tried it with a model in blender, and it was fine. I guess that I'll try modeling it myself off of a makehuman base mesh. Would I be able to submit that in custom/edited? It'll be game accurate, of course.

Well, thanks anyways. I appreciate the attempt to help.

Smile

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see the par about the folder. But yes, I made sure to check it. And I'm on XP.
Thank you!
Yeah, you could submit that there. It would have to be a decent model though if you wanted it on the site. It doesn't have to be amazing, but especially for a complex figure like a human it shouldn't look like a few primitives thrown together.