The VG Resource

Full Version: Continued~
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: gazing.png]

i have made adjustments to everything. it should be better now

i've changed the colours of the hair but i think it's too bright

is the background too distracting?

more crits please
Most of her hair doesn't cast a shadow on her face.
...Thats all I can find.
the head appears to have a really odd shape.

Can you show the shape of the head itself, minus the hair?
thats because the face features doesnt match the skull's proportions and/or perspective. its shading doesnt help either, that face has no cheeks and the jaw is as huge as it wants to be.
I agree with Metaru here, the nose especially looks out of perspective with the viewing angle that I am getting from the base skull, and out of proportion with the rest of her face, unless she has a pretty big nose. Also, her right eye (viewer's left) is showing too much. Again the perspective that I am getting from the base skull seems to suggest that I would see less of that eye, since her head appears to be turned. Either fix the face to reflect the perspective of the skull, or fix the skull to fit with the perspective of her facial features.

Really digging the hair, hat, and background. The ribbon is good too, just has a bit of pillow shading that needs to be touched up.
yeah, the jaw just appears to be insanely huge
that was the biggest problem I saw, but I was unsure if it just appeared distorted because of the hair coming over the face.

That's why I asked for the overall head shape.
[Image: gazing.png]Old
[Image: gazing.png]New

i've made changes to the shape of the hat, the bow (too square and the colours were awful), the shading of th face, the location of her right eye and the nose

The eyes now seem too far apart now though :L
[Image: beeted2.png]
too tired to talk much more, hope the edit talks for itself
chris, you're manfacing again Angry FIXED
lets just say that for the sake of giving it a way more readable femenine look, never use squared chins.

even if that sounds like making anime, even if your woman its meant to have it like that and you're aiming for a relistic portrait, never do it. the reason its simply: they just look too manly.
I actually preferred the pink. I thought it complimented the background more, and more subtle against the hat's colder color.
(11-07-2010, 10:23 AM)thernz Wrote: [ -> ]I actually preferred the pink. I thought it complimented the background more, and more subtle against the hat's colder color.

yeah i see what you mean, i'm not too happy with the current bow's colours to be honest, i wanted the bow to be more this colour but it turned out too yellowish.

i'll give pink another go though because the previous pink was too bright and originally i invisioned a more pale pink

i am now completely baffled about the chin, if girls with squarish chins exist in real life surely they can exist in art, non?
although i wasn't really aiming for a square chinned girl when i started, it just happened.
[Image: gazinga.png]

found a nice pink for the bow,
tried to emphasize the cheeks,
edited the nose
and re-shaded the neck.

not much else otherwise

Critique! if you please,
[Image: beeted2.png]
either draw the whole ear or cover it up, it looks like she doesn't have hair there or something. tried giving the nose a "better" shape, messed with the jawline and its shadow, for yours still has a strong one and makes her look like a man.
keep updating beeto :B
give her black short hair, glasses and that's me

you need to make her more feminine :/

here's an edit

[Image: editfx.png]

basically gave her a smaller and thinner nose, also tried to make her chin a little more thinner too. I made that very fast so it's not perfect, but it might help you