The VG Resource

Full Version: New Super Mario Bros. Goomba
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I.Am.Back...

With a goomba
Blank

[Image: iaza17209596552200.png]

Anyway, here are some sprites of a goomba with NSMB poses. Okey, bring on the critisizem.

Storyline:

1 11-2-10
[Image: iaza17209596552200.png]

2 11-2-10
[Image: iaza17209596784100.png]

3 11-2-10
[Image: iaza17209531277000.png]

4 11-2-10
[Image: iaza17209590333300.png]

5 11-4-10
[Image: iaza17209520225800.png]

6 11-4-10
[Image: iaza17209530174200.png]

7 11-4-10
[Image: iaza17209518571100.png]

8 11-4-10
[Image: iaza17209511951300.png]

9 11-4-10
[Image: iaza17209590055000.png]

10 11-5-10
[Image: iaza17209569559400.png]

11 11-9-10 (current)
[Image: iaza17209581087000.png]

[Image: 1288307548984.jpg]
You could have written all the text in the thread, you're just creating unnecessary space on your sheet.

First of all... your sprite and its base aren't the same size. Secondly, the shading could be better. Thirdly you could make the eyes tilt like on the NSMB sprites and refine the goomba's outline.

What is the alt for? What are the extras for?

Anyway... I can only wish you to improve and to do more interesting and ambitious things!

Warned, Proton.
Okey, I did everything but the first part. I didn't know what you ment by that.

Also, the alt is for alternate colors, in this case, Super mario allstars goomba with green feet and underground goomba, and the extras are for extra poses, like how I made the goomba jump in the extras.

[Image: iaza17209596784100.png]
The head is waaaay too triangular. Goomba heads are rounded and mushroom-like. Noy pyramid shaped.

Also get rid of those sonic recolors.
i'm going to warn myself anyway

this shit is horrible. your completely useless credit tag(in the case you want to take credit for this horrible piece of shit) is half of your shit, rendering half of what you've posted completely useless. its not only buffed in size in order to compensate the complete lack of content, but also

you went to the point of pasting the actualy "sprite"(its a 3D model, not a sprite) above your sprite, and you couldn't even, not even closely use it as a reference so it would at least look close on its shape. at first one would think "shit is obiusly traced". but its clearly not. i have the firm belief that either you're somehow visually impaired so you cant follow such a basic shape, but holy shit ITS RIGHT THERE HOW HARD IS TO IGNORE IT.

have you ever heard of a concept called "self criticism"? have you stared at your own sheet and think "well, this looks quite bad, there are some evident mistakes i can fix, i could improve this" at some point in the whole development of this? or you just went ahead and said "lol i'm lazy but thats okay no one cares lol xDDDd". because i bet you didn't even bother to check what were you doing and just went for the cheapest, lamest and simplest excuse of a character and pretend you did something about it, expecting others to sugarcoat your way into words like "lol its ok" or "its not bad it looks fine but".

boy, i'm not going to lie on you, and i need to put emphasis on how this shit, is actually shit on a wide spectrum of shit you could do. while we can say "hey its an attempt we can all give it a try at forst cant we" and i'd answer "yes, everyone starts with some poor desings and has no idea how to do things" but god damn can't you even recognize your own faults in such a simple character that you have right in front of your eyes? what was the whole purpose of using such an stupid, useless(again) tag that serves no purpose other than buffing an incredibly stupid size for a sheet thats not even close to be used, stealed, or even considered for anything.

and those fucking, stupid and annoying sonic recolors. get rid of them.
Your sheet seemed pretty large, until I noticed 90% of it is an un-needed credit block that could just be summed up in 1 sentence.

EDIT: Meta Ninja'd.
can a mod warn him for every time he refuses to make the credit tag smaller than the actual content on the sheet
Yes. That and attachments. Will do at this point onwards, kinda annoys me people still do it, especially as it's been said.
Anyway...

Here, I edited the non alt and teeth goomba to give it a more roundash mushroom like head

Also, shortend the tags alittle

[Image: iaza17209532052700.png]

Edit: even more shortaning:

[Image: iaza17209531277000.png]
(11-02-2010, 09:20 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. That and attachments. Will do at this point onwards, kinda annoys me people still do it, especially as it's been said.
they've both been in the rules for months
have you ever even read them because i know you're one of the hundreds of thanks on that post
shorten the tags all you want, they're never going to be smaller than the content at this rate
The Tags need to be smaller than the sheet.
this is not going anywhere.
I have actually. Which is why I thanked the post. I should probably re-read them on a more regular basis though. It did not in any case say that members should be warned for that. I'm sorry if I didn't assume I had to.

Koreo: get rid of the tag until it's ready for submission. Which it isn't yet. Concentrate on the main sprite, the alt and the extras can go.
As for the revised sprites themselves... they are worse. The shape and volume aren't any better, and the sprite is still consistently taller than the original. You're not trying hard enough.
im tired fuck all of this

why isnt this thread locked

i've already come to the conclusion that one member of the administration is retarded, don't make me start thinking that both sprite mods are retarded too.
you both know this isn't going to go anywhere

good night tsr this better be fixed in the morning
Pages: 1 2 3 4