The VG Resource

Full Version: [Web Design] Star Fox Air Homepage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm learning how to Design Websites in Computer Class. Here's my first design. Ignore the Misspelling lines.

[Image: screenshotstarfoxairind.png]

Software Used:
Bluefish
OpenOffice.org Draw
The GIMP

C+C Please. Thanks. Wink
the mspaint standard red

that's the same color coming out of my eyes right now because they're friggin bleeding Cry

never, EVER use that red like that. it's a crime.
it works the other way around but NEVER how you used it. Cry

I suggest using a darker color than the current dark-red you have now, and instead of doing an outline effect on the tabs, go for more of a 3D look. if you're using GIMP it should be easy - just go for something with a like 90-degree drop shadow in said shade of red.
but make sure the color is 100% red if that makes sense - don't take shortcuts and opt for transparency in it

also not to be a humongous dick but your site literally makes no sense
i wouldn't name the site after Star Fox itself, Star Fox are a band of mercs hired by the Corneria Army
you're trying to get a name for an airport that arwings and jetplanes fly into...which would never, ever, ever work
in real life you would never ever combine the two airports because you're essentially combining commercial jets and military aircraft into one single airport

that's an air traffic nightmare

judging by the name though you're going for a commercial airline, so go with that. but at the same time you're encouraging users to follow the twitter of an air force legend...which goes right back into the "military air base" theme. once again, what the hell are you thinking, go with one or the other @_@

p.s. call it "Corneria Air" instead of "Starfox Air" and people will make less fun of you Smug
(11-02-2010, 03:58 PM)Kosheh Wrote: [ -> ]the mspaint standard red

that's the same color coming out of my eyes right now because they're friggin bleeding Cry

never, EVER use that red like that. it's a crime.
it works the other way around but NEVER how you used it. Cry

I suggest using a darker color than the current dark-red you have now, and instead of doing an outline effect on the tabs, go for more of a 3D look. if you're using GIMP it should be easy - just go for something with a like 90-degree drop shadow in said shade of red.
but make sure the color is 100% red if that makes sense - don't take shortcuts and opt for transparency in it

also slightly hypocritical of me, the site name sounds incredibly nerdy
it sounds as if you've never played the games, because if you did you wouldn't name it after Star Fox, Star Fox are a band of mercs hired by the Corneria Army
you're trying to get a name for an airport that arwings and jetplanes fly into.
well, military-nerdness talking but you'd never ever combine the two airports because those are commercial jets and military aircraft
it's either one or the other. you're either making a site for military aircraft tourism or for a commercial plane airport.

call it Corneria Air and people will make less fun of you Smug

It's a site for an airline, not real. Just Concepts.
I played the games, Just hadn't played in awhile. I'll change the color to a darker red and text changes.
I just think the design is incredibly boring. Minimalistic is fine, but there has to be some actual STYLE in the stuff you do include.

EXAMPLE:
http://www.wired.co.uk/

Clean, simple lines, bright colours, lots of white. And yet, it still looks complete and stylish, because they mix up the colours (blue/orange), and because the images feel like they're part of the page design, instead of just pasted on top.

Basically; you have a long way to go. Alternatively - web design is not for you; find a different exploit.
Go for a dark blue for background and make the red parts a lighter blue.
(11-02-2010, 04:52 PM)Vipershark Wrote: [ -> ]Go for a dark blue for background and make the red parts a lighter blue.

or, just flat-out make the site arwing colors, rofl