The VG Resource

Full Version: My thoughts so far on Lux Pain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just today I got the game Lux Pain for the DS. I played the crap out of it so far, and I find it quite entertaining. The sprites remind me of Phoenix Wright (anybody know if they are made by the same creator on not?). Some of the information from the worms creep me out though. So far I made it to day 4. Just another thing: Nola reminds me of Samus. Does anybody else think that? Maybe I'm just weird like that. Blank What do you guys think of the game?
Mind linking to what this game even is?
i loved the art in lux pain. it was pretty
(11-01-2010, 06:23 PM)Daisydoll Wrote: [ -> ](anybody know if they are made by the same creator on not?)
No.
Capcom made Phoenix and some misc. Japanese company made Lux Pain.
lux pain's translation and voice acting was so bad i couldnt see anything past it when i watched my friend play it

she got it for like, $20 with the art book when it first came out and before they raised the price

also the "gameplay" will ruin your ds screen. its like

what

but yeah the art's good
yeah the art's is really good but why don't you like Lux Pain??
I've played this; and actually have a soft spot for it.

In concept; you are a teenage kid who works for Special Ops as a Psychic. You're charged with finding mind parasites called Silent that can turn their victims into overly-emotional psychopaths. There's apparently a terrorist in a city infecting the locals with Silent, so you go undercover as a high school kid to try and find out who it is. What follows is a surprisingly good story of befrending locals, stopping suicides, and some legitimately creepy mind reading.

The character designs are really good - and the game makes an effort to make almost everyone you meet relevant in some way - even if they don't have a bearing on the main plot. The voice acting is also really good - but the translation is terrible for a bunch of reasons.

If I knew how I would totally make a patch that corrects and improves the dialogue - the interesting concept deserves the extra polish in execution.