The VG Resource

Full Version: Tsutarja Pixel Art
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: tsutarja_sheet.png]

C&C please. Is it ready?
you sure know how to trace
It's pixel art. Basically a trace type thing. The rest are here near the bottom. After this I'm going to work on pokemon sprites with full animations, sort of like Joshr.
Pixel Art does not mean you trace things you twat.
(11-01-2010, 05:00 PM)Flannel_Bastard Wrote: [ -> ]Pixel Art does not mean you trace things you twat.

Some people shrink it or enlarge it but if I'm correct they basically just trace. Please tell me otherwise if I am wrong, but if it's better smaller than I have this Victini pixel art that is smaller.

[Image: victini-1.png]
(11-01-2010, 05:06 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]Some people shrink it or enlarge it but if I'm correct they basically just trace.
They aren't pixel artists.
Nor should they consider themselves artists in any way, if that's how they do things.
You seriously think Pixel Art = Tracing?
Why is this thread still open if its a trace anyway, this technically falls under edits.
(11-01-2010, 05:08 PM)Misterssauga Wrote: [ -> ]They aren't pixel artists.
Nor should they consider themselves artists in any way, if that's how they do things.

That's exactly how they do it. Look here for instance. It looks exactly like this, the official sugimori art of charmander. You get the color's of the in game sprite (add more if needed, here there are no more shades) and pixel over the art. Every fansite calls them Pixel Overs. Apparently here it's Pixel art.
Do you notice that they look like shit?
fun fact:
there's a ton of submissions on the site that have yet to be taken down due to poor quality
much like the stuff you're linking to

Smile
Guys he means when people make "pixel art" versions of official art in terms of the TSR section he linked to. (but pixel art=/=tracing art)

Now I have absolutely no idea why these even get accepted, but from the list of other stuff some people did their own lineart and colors. Don't follow the route of tracing, why have something that looks like everyone else's when you can have something completely made by you with an original pose and custom colors?

Now the Tsutarja isn't very good, it lacks the "basics" of pixel art (as many of other pokemon arts submitted here), and the colors you used don't go well together as you didn't anti-alias some of the lines or used more colors to help blend the shades together.

Someone's gonna have to explain to me why these get accepted at the quality they are. I'd expect more skillful stuff (or at least skillful shading within traced arts) to be accepted. Many of the arts submitted are really really old, but the newer ones aren't that different which raised my question.
(11-01-2010, 05:15 PM)brandman1996 Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently here it's Pixel art.
No. Here it's called fucking retarded.

Stop tracing shit or don't post what you make.

This section is Custom.
Not Traces.

(11-01-2010, 05:19 PM)Flannel_Bastard Wrote: [ -> ]Do you notice that they look like shit?

(11-01-2010, 05:19 PM)Rosencrantz Wrote: [ -> ]fun fact:
there's a ton of submissions on the site that have yet to be taken down due to poor quality
much like the stuff you're linking to

Smile

Meh, true. Well, why keep it up there then? I mean, I understand it must be busy, but shouldn't there just be a day; week; whatever set aside to take down crap?
the mods are lazy bastards I LOVE THE MODERATORS I APPRECIATE TSR FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH

but in all seriousness, when you have to weed through the customs section on a daily basis, it gets pretty hard to have motivation to pull stuff like that off the site.
itt you don't know that administrating a site with 500+ sprite sheets is hard
Pages: 1 2